Global Filter effect affecting more tah one channel

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? I’d like to have one filter FX as an FX in the right section of the mixer that instead of altering the filter cutoff frequency at a regular rate, would use the “low high fx frequency” knob to set the cutoff. This is, would work like sweep FX instead of a BPM effect.

• How will this feature help you and others? Being able to set filter of the master channel (or several channels) with just one hand instead of with individual sweep filter knobs that need to be manipulated simultaneously.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? I’m sure there are mixers out there where you use a manual filter FX on master.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Using individual sweep filter knobs that need to be manipulated simultaneously.

• How often would you use this feature? very often

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

I like the idea, and just trying to think how it could be impliemented in terms of hardware rotarys, without unduly affecting other existing features and functions.

Something like hold shift while turning any of the individual channel filter rotarys applies the filter to all 4 channels. The only problem is, there’s no shift knob on the mixer and I’m not sure if any of the other buttons detect the difference between a brief tap and a long hold. The touch strip does, but maybe that’s not idea as it stops people using the “all channels filtered” idea with any of the right hand side effects

well, after reading your response, I realise that what I want is simply to control the master filter with just one knob. I don´t care if it would be implemented with the right section of the mixer of with one sweep fx knob in some kind of “shift mode”

So you want a manually-sweepable filter effect option on the master where you can choose between HP, BP, and LP and where you can also deactivate the LFO? I’d be down for that. I assume you’d also want resonance control. Xones and MP2015 you can do this, though without the dry-wet option.

P.S. No need to use any buttons or knobs outside of the master FX section to do something like this… or shift things. Plenty of knobs on the right side. Stick the master FX assign to master.

I suggest one way to do this is simply to rename the current master filter FX to “Sweep” or “LFOFilter” and then have three new master FX called “HPFilter”, “BPFilter”, and “LPFilter” where as you say the FX frequency is the cutoff freq you control, but then the FX time and strip are resonance intensity. It would also be important then when the dry-wet knob is fully right and the frequency knob is all the way open for that filter type (say, LP and all the way to the right), that you get complete bypass as if dry-wet was to the left.

Another way to do it might be just to allow the FX time knob on the current Filter to rotate far left or far right to a ZERO or OFF time, and then have frequency just act exactly like the channel filter knobs. Then maybe the channel filter resonance setting in Utility would have to control the resonance. Or you could even have frequency be a LP filter and dry-wet be a HP filter.