FX sound bad after 2.0 update

Hi all

Apologies if this has already been reported but man some of the FX just sound horrible after the update. An example is echo, so when I turn echo on in the main FX (not sweep) the volume increases massively, then when I turn it back down the volume goes really low before it then goes back up to its normal sound level. I haven’t tested the rest but I will.

Anyone else experiencing bad FX since the update?

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately I also had to find out on the short excursion to 2.0. Auto gate e.g. is completely irrelevant.

But Denon seems to be known.

In truth, even with the previous versions the effects weren’t that good. Especially for the echo effect (which you mentioned), if you search the forum you will see that there had been many criticisms on the operation, on the volume that rises a lot. In this respect, I don’t see anything different between 1.6 and 2.0

I found that to make the echo FX work better if you activate the effect with the “Wet / dry” knob turned all the way down (counterclockwise) then the echo is not heard; then you start gradually increasing the echo volume by turning the knob clockwise. You have to consider that when you reach half the indicator in the OLED display you already get echo effect at the same volume as the main track, so that’s more than enough. You don’t have to overdo the echo level with “wet / dry”.

2 Likes

Thanks @DjAj

Unfortunately this issue has existed since version 1.3.2 (around the time the Serato DJ update came.

The other issue I’ve seen is when one effect (I can’t remember which one) doesn’t get turned off if you don’t disengage when changing to a different effect. This layers two together and can sound kinda cool in a strange way.

The flaw occurs when you switch from flanger to autogate without deactivating the effect :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, i agree- the auto-gate effect is unrecognizable as an effect now.