FX 2 display messed up

Soo… Is this normal and will an update fix it? Just got the prime 4 delivered, unpacked, and turned on and my fx2 display is messed up and … Pixelated, not readable. Tried uploading pic, but new user and all that fuss.
Was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem and if it is update fixable.

Whatever firmware version your Prime 4 has, you shouldn’t have any problems with the FX2 display. In my opinion it is a hardware defect.

I’ll 2nd that… This is more likely than not a defective FX2 screen… I would exchange it ASAP.

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with ur new prime4.

First check the Firmware Version on the unit. If latest version is on the unit, try to reinstall it, else upgrade.

If the problem with the fx display stays, send unit to the retailer for exchange or better refund. Don’t send the unit in for repair, that can take a long time.

Alright, so a bit of an update. I ended up restarting it a few times and updating it. It seemed to fix it, but im still somewhat concerned, because I also don’t think it would be a software issue. But here is what it did look like. Any advice of what I should do now that I made an update here?

looks like an Hardware issue, contact the retailer and send unit back. Tell them that the unit is DOA (Dead on Arrival).

Well, Sent it back in for a refund. Now to wait…

If it means anything… Out of the 1,000’s and 1,000’s sold this is first time i have seen this issue. Perhaps just a touch of bad luck. I’m almost certain the next one you get will be trouble free.

I’d agree with that. Same with the “View” button thing that came up recently. Sure, two people in the same thread were able to collaborate each other’s issue, but that was the first time (well two times) that I’d heard of someone having a view button problem.

As you’ve said Jnyvio, out of the thousands and thousands - probably dozens of thousands of Prime 4s that have been sold, these percentages of problems, whilst of little consolation to the handful of individuals concerned are tiny tiny percentages of the gross sales.

Yes, and we also have to consider that a lot of guys who have perfectly working consoles don’t go here on the forum to write: “Hey guys, my console works perfectly”. Usually only customers come here to complain about defects.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.