Free Discog tagger

When you start the program, two windows will appear: a large one in which you will see scrolling text, while in the other small one you will make the settings. At the end of the update of the tags you can see in the big window the name of the tracks that have not been updated, they are red.

It works very well. I also tried the brother who uses the Beatport library: it is more accurate with recent tracks, while Discogz is better with 70s / 80s / 90s songs.

Thanks @mufasa for suggesting this software

1 Like

Hi my friend,

So I tried Discogs Tagger again and while it said that it succesfully found 93 of my Abba tracks, it doesnt update to the original year when I look at the tracks in Apple Music/ iTunes afterwards.

What am I doing wrong?

In the settings its set to overwrite tags.

All the best.

Did you check Discogs for the year?

Not sure why.

I did not do anything special during my tests so far.

Think I figured it out. It wasnt enough to just reload iTunes - I had to mark the Abba tracks in iTunes, select Show Info and then press OK - then it changed in iTunes as well.

1 Like

@Engell there is an option to select which says about: “Enable tag overwriting”, if you activate it it means that the software can write the TAGs even if they already contain a value. Otherwise they will not be changed, ie they will be written only if those tags are empty.

I still want to thank @mufasa for this post. This software works very well but the title and the artist must be written precisely, without strange additions: for example in the title we must avoid having written like “(Radio version)”, “(Extended mix)”, etc. The title must contain only the original title.

Beefed up

1 Like

Looks interesting :heart_eyes:. A mix between using the Discogs and Beatport tags. In fact Beatport has the right tags but only recent songs. The flaw with Discogs is that anyone can edit a track’s tags and therefore is not assured that the result is right.