For all you denon DJ’s looking for a flight case solution

I absolutely have not seen this! Very nice too! Sadly doesn’t appear to be available in U.S.! Bumm-er

you’ll definitely get your workout in with this case lol The dog box is nice though, tons of space.

Did the interior foam come with this pelican case? If not, where did you get it a d who cut it to shape for the gear? Please let me know! Thanks!

It came with the case. It’s called Pluck foam, it’s about 4 layers deep and you have to cut it your self , it’s pretty easy took me about 30 minutes. There are places that will custom cut blocks of foam. Which is probably better option in the long run.

I think Laidback Luke uses the same case. At least, I think it’s the same 1637 size but by putting everything in horizontally and he can fit a third deck in.

I was considering doing the same but using the extra space for cables, headphones, SSD etc.

How is the foam holding up? Do you really need to get custom cuts for it to last?

That does look like the 1637AIR. I was going to use this set up but i didn’t feel comfortable with the Mixer having very little protection form the edge of the case. Looks like about 1/4" foam protecting the front and back of the mixer… The pluck foam i have is holding up but its definitely not a long term solution…

Whoever wrapped those cables is giving me anxiety

3 Likes

I had similar feelings but if this gets chucked around in airports several times a week then it just be strong enough for us mere mortals right? At least for domestic gigs.

I hear spraying “Plasti-dip” on pick and pluck foam both repairs and strengthens it. There are a bunch of YouTube videos you might want to take a look at!

Probably a tall order but I wonder if the Denon powers that be (@Jay_DenonDJ et al ) might be kind enough to release some sort of CAD files for all the prime units so we could get accurate laser cut foam inserts?

1 Like

I remember seeing a diagram online somewhere, i downloaded it but can’t remember what i did with it. if i find it i will repost it

1 Like

Thank you but I’m on the M version (+ x1800) which I think has a little chunkier silhouette!

3 Likes

Nice! What are those? Sadly I was born with just two hands :stuck_out_tongue:

They are meijia cases - similar to pelican you cut the foam, granted they may not a famous brand but they do the job for quarter of the price - plus they fit into overhead cabinet on the plane, they are super strong and water proof. If I were planning to drop them from a height then I would go for pelican. :fist_right:

Those are nice but lugging 3 cases around is a task in itself. I will stick to 1 compact case any day

1 Like

What model Meija?

1 Like

I see they use the “get the heck up outta the way” method lmao

1 Like

Yup was about to ask same thing… a link maybe? Thx!

2 Likes

Hi, how have you been liking the Vulcan cases? I’ve been considering those since I have a Pelican for my mixer already. I’m also just considering getting Pelican 1550s for my SC5000s, since those are similarly sized. From pics on Odyssey’s site, just looks like a little foam padding on the corners of the SC5000s, instead of wrapped all around. Do you feel this is sufficient?

Hi, been following different “cases” subjects to find a pair of cases suitable for my SC5000s. I prefer the Pelican/Odyssey Vulcan option as they are a few pounds lighter than flight cases and more water resistant. I considered the single large Pelican Air option as depicted above, but I think I’m fine with carrying a pair. I use a mobile cart anyhow, when traveling with sound. I found this case on Pelican’s website: https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/protector/1550 Currently, they are having 10% off sale! Do you think this case could work? Does anyone use this model for their SC5000s? I would appreciate anyone’s input that has used this model before I pull the trigger!

Thanks!