Flight case size sc6000 vs sc5000

Are these the same… ? Or does the size really matter here? I see there is 2 cm diff on sc5000 vs sc6000

SC6000 is a bit deeper at the back. Case for SC5000 will not fit SC6000 if there was already a tight fit.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I came over a good offer but sad if thats the case. damn it

My sc6k in the bag for the 5ks.

The size difference is big from the bag.

4 Likes

I have the Magma cdj workstation flight case and switched from SC5000 to SC6000 without any problem

What bags are these and are they safe to stack like this?

1 Like

These are custom made bags. Obviously they are not as safe as heavy duty cases but for semi professional use they are excellent.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

Both the sc6k and SC5k fit fine in my Odyssey FZW12CDJ coffin, but the sc6k and will not fit in my prox sc5000 case. It depends on the case.

1 Like

I just bought a magma case today. Fits perfectly!!

2 Likes

I have the Magma coffin that was for the SC5000 set, but the SC6000 doesn’t fit in that one.

You have the universal/newer coffin or not?

Yes the universal one. The one that fits for sc5000, sc6000, cdj 3000 etc.

1 Like

How heavy is it?

I had to carry couple times a case with the XDJ-XZ and it was soooo heavy. Very inconvenient to use :smiley:

1 Like

Around 20 kg. Then you have the equipment weight. It does have wheels tho!

I also have a coffin with wheels. All packed up it is about 35kg. I can still lift it with one hand, but it’s not convenient. I think I will buy some bags for the gear to fit it better in the cars when I travel.

Yeah I’m also going to sell my “as new” coffin and maybe buy 3 separate cases. A coffin is heavy and storage wise an issue.

However, a coffin looks so much better!

1 Like

Ive been looking at the posts on what Flight Cases/Coffin cases are available for the 6000Ms. Have seen nothing available made specifically for them. At least not here in the U.S. I see there are a few options overseas, but shipping them here I imagine would not be cost effective. Anyone know of what IS available for them in the U.S. Thanks for any input

2 Likes

I have them for my sc6000ms and love how they keep my investments safe: https://www.odysseygear.com/product/vusc6000/vulcan-series-denon-sc6000-sc6000m-carrying-case/

Hey @Lukas-We - These bags are awesome - mind sharing where you had them made?

1 Like

It’s a little one person manufacturer.

I doubt it makes sense sending it to US.

When I did my research I found a company doing it in Mexico. That might be easier to get?

Look here https://youtu.be/ZpVNXxEokOU