[Fixed in 2.0.2] V2.0 - Waveforms only sync on white centre line

I’m not saying its not happening to 4,2 and Go users.

My post was in response to someone asking if its affecting the 6000M.

Does not appear to affect the 5/6000M in dual view mode in my testing so far.

The same thing happens in Serato DJ DVS mode, with DVS disabled (ie controller/HID only) it does not happen.

3 Likes

Ok, I think I get it. It’s just a different way of displaying the waveforms. Not the actual way the music is being processed. That makes sense, coz it sounds 100%.

Thats great news then, coz if it’s fine on the 6000’s, it should (hopefully) be an easy fix.

1 Like

Phibes - Real Champion 174BPM

Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands (Where My Hands Can See) 100BPM

Synced

there you can see the drift … or don´t you ? - look at the outer sides :slight_smile:

It’s drifting

1 Like

as bigger the difference in bpm the better you see the drift when you sync them together.

pause the video, check the ticks before and after the playhead…does it line up equally?

If the track has been synced, the grids should be aligned all the way through, not just when it crosses the play head. On some tracks (might be more visible on P4 / P2 / Go) the way the tracks are running to catch up & then speeding past one another messes with your head, even though they are perfectly in sync, my eyes & ears don’t agree :laughing:

1 Like

that contracting and expanding is - what makes us dizzy :slight_smile:

Yea … it gets all together on the middle line … but the sides looks strange. And thats a bug. We haven´t that on 1.6.

That video is not ideal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1. My downbeat is not lined up as you can see 66 is 1 beat ahead.

don´t say sorry for your disaligned track LOL

Than do the same with an aligned downbeat … It has nothing to do with that. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

zoomed

Vertical orientation for caliper measuring

this is a 100bpm track syncing with a 174bpm track

I don’t trust those digital verniers!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

There is a visual drift … belive us. Maybe it has nothing to do with the tracks at all … but with the screen, and how it is controlled. (Maybe a timing bug in the screen display software of the two decks)

(are you trolling LOL ?!)

how about this

Hell no, the devs need to know where its happening so the fix is targeted towards it.

This is the drift in Serato for reference…just a short loop and its very obvious (tracks are 12 bpm apart)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjUaKGebG_mugagwvNp9nUlGtgSu0w?e=OPN7x1

yik … that is just more awful than our bug. Is Serato aware of that ?! - And how does the user deal with this ?

Suddenly our problem doesn’t seem so bad!!

1 Like

As long it is only a visible bug, I can live with it (for a short time, to get it fixed). I trust my ears, and when it sounds good, it can look as bad as it is (for the moment …)

good that most of us can mix without any visual or technical assistance :wink:

• but a bug is a bug -
4 Likes