....first crash/hang

M-Disc storage media…as long as Apple don’t suddenly stop building macs with built in disc media burn capabilities…or alternate USB externally connected as such

… SSDs have come a long way… and they will be THE medium eventually… currently I prefer HDDs …

… as for spinning platters and movable heads… yes they can be vulnerable to knocks but they are designed with mobile use in mind and they have been in lappys for years… I have dropped many a laptop… and the one thing that didnt fail was the HDD!.. even when it was on at the time!..

… suppose im just old skool!!

Sorry but HD’s are a VERY bad choice for DJ environments. Obviously SSDs are not perfect but much more reliable in high-vibration dj booths. HD’s being mechanical devices are prone to errors due to vibration, bad clusters and related error. I have been working in computer repair business for 16 years and HDD’s are #1 failure by far.

1 Like

…no issues with searching or loading huge folders… I have not analyzed the HDD either… on first boot yes… it takes about 30 seconds to give me a full list…but after that all good…

I have various USB sticks biggest is 64gb… and they are all full… some are analyzed some are not…

It is probably a bad file as it has not done it since…

:slight_smile:

1 Like