Firmware updates to Prime series

Understood but how about the feature requests for the hardware and software that are already out there? Instead of adding “innovative features” let’s add the features that users have been requesting since day one? Like bringing the Engine Prime software to today’s standard and Hardware connection to Engine via USB or WiFi so you don’t have to use external drives and USB sticks for those who rather use their computer as a storage device?

2 Likes

Or just simply being able to edit the BPM on-the-fly (shrink/ expand…or manually put in the correct BPM) … :heart:

3 Likes

Hi @DaMelloOne,

Yes, we are aware of these features and understand how important they are for DJs. I specifically created the Feature Request area for that purpose. Our plans for future integration now consider both the needs of the market and our vision to lead with innovation. It’s a balancing act but you’ll see a number of the user requests integrated in the near future.

4 Likes

@JWill Thank you for the reply. I understand it is a journey adding new and requested features but when you see new products being introduced and updated without updates for the existing products, it can be frustrating for the end users.

I look forward to the future updates. I’m sure we will be pleased in the end:v::+1:

2 Likes

Can you reveal some of the improvements/features in the new firmware, and the estimated release date?

Hello @JWILL

I own an MCX8000, the truth is that I have not had any serious problems, I guess because I was lucky enough to buy a day before the 2.0 update, I know from a recent comment from you that was involved in the development of this equipment for what I suppose I have more reasons to love the same saying this I would like to ask a couple of questions

1- The development of an update for the MCX 8000 for Stagelinq (functionality promised for sale) is maintained as I comment here Bug in mcx8000 and new feature request

2- The launch of firmwares for the correction of errors is maintained as it tells me here [CONFIRMED] Prepare List Momentarily Displays Zeros Instead of Track Info

3- If the previous answers are affirmative below I leave a comment that may help you with the problem of the screens and I would like to know when we could wait for such updates

One more question, I would like to receive a little more information about this problem [WILL NOT IMPLEMENT] Custom Hotcue Colors Set in Engine Prime do not Match on MCX8000 that apparently cannot be resolved excuse my curiosity but my studies of electronics first and then of computer engineer make me curious about these issues, is it because of the implementation of stagelinq? Well I prefer not to have this last and have my cue with the correct colors but that is me of course, excuse me so many questions

Finally, I would like to add a comment that might help others, I recently published this Random screen freeze with maximum brightness

I have been doing some tests since it had never happened to me because I always worked with the screen lighting in MID until the day I had to work outdoors, I managed to work well with the maximum brightness by doing the following

I set the brightness to low and turn off the equipment, I turn it on and unplug it to the PC I wait about five minutes (you can go playing some track in engine mode while) after these five minutes I put the brightness of the screens in HIGH and I’m still in engine mode about 5 more minutes, then I can connect to the PC and open serato so far I have tried it for more than 5 hours without freezing I hope this last one will serve those who have this equipment with this problem for when they need to work in daylight , the rest of the time I recommend putting it in MID since that has never failed me

sorry for my English

regards

I agree with Engell on this almost 100%. I also had the Flagship MCX8000 and felt neglected with the release of the Prime series only a year after my purchase.

I think he is just venting what thousands of us have said in the past and unless you actually invested time, money and issues in a LIVE gig with the unit, you really can’t understand what he is saying.

With that being said, I definitely think Denon will have every feature coming from the Prime 4 on the SC5000’s. I do understand that the Prime 4 is potentially a larger overall market, demanding more attention that the luxury SC5000/X1800 combo to keep their customers happy.

Another perspective: If it was my company and customers, I definitely would NOT upgrade my Luxury top of the line customers with a BETA software before knowing that my larger test audience has weeded out all issues. The Prime 4 clients “May” not be the top tier depending on their equipment for their livelihood (like myself), so definitely wouldn’t want to even tempt my top of the line clients (like yourself Engell) even with a Beta firmware.

Know that I have had the Denon SC3900, the SC5000, SC5000M and now the Prime 4. I have experienced and complained much…it’s the only way Denon or any other company knows what to concentrate on in the market, despite what any one else says.

This is coming from someone who owns a company with plenty of customers.

The community is important and the ones who speak up are actually the bread and butter of most companies.

Everyone has their own valid point and contribution to add making the product so much better than the competition.

1 Like

That’s interesting.

It’s not that interesting. “Luxury top of the line” shouldn’t be released until all the bells and whistles really work but they were.

Hello

I forgot to put in the previous comment that the mcx 8000 manual needs an update according to the changes in firmware 2.0 although I suppose it is done when the support for stagelinq we pay finally arrives, although I prefer to lose the latter and compensate me with a serato video and serato flip license

Sharp guy. :wink:

Kinda reminds me of the ports behind the Super Nintendo back in the days. Never used them for any add on hardware as intended.

THIS is what i need! PLEASE.

What is ?..

They could also give free soundswitch (in the end they are the owners) to those who have an mcx8000 and thus forget about the firmware issue with stagelinq support (I prefer my free license for serato video and flip) since those who bought an mc7000 they have it for a lower price so I think it would be a fair compensation

regards

Hello @jwill

A few days ago I posted this Firmware updates to Prime series and I still haven’t received an answer

regards

@El_Corsario To adhere to forum guidelines, I try not answer questions that are off topic. I also do not participate in threads filled with personal propaganda. It is counter productive.

Please ask your MCX8000 questions in the relevant MCX8000 thread(s) and I will be happy to help.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Any news about the upcoming Firmware?

Forum users, a survey.

1. In your opinion does ‘coming very soon’ mean…

a) in the next 24 - 48hrs

b) within the next week

c) within in the next two weeks

d) within the next three weeks

e) within the next month

f) I give up, it’s taking too long

BTW my choice is b)

Somewhere between B and C if you ask me. But No longer than C.

I hope you’re right :slight_smile: