Firmware Update | X1800 Prime v1.5.0

Hi Everyone,

We’re pleased to announce that a new version of X1800 Prime firmware is now available. This version brings the highly requested Broadcast Mode that allows the main mix to send over USB audio channels 1&2. Making it easy to configure the mixer for use with livestreaming applications. This update also brings a number of usability and stability improvements. More details below!

Download

Release Notes | X1800 Version 1.5.0

New Features:

• Added Broadcast mode. Broadcast mode sends the main output mix over USB audio channels 1 & 2 for computer applications such as OBS.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed an issue where Instant FX was not working for Reverb FX when Noise FX was on (44.1/48kHz)
  • Fixed an issue where Noise FX was not working when Reverb FX was on (44.1/48kHz)
  • Fixed Autogate FX initialization
  • Fixed an issue where Gate Sweep FX reduced audio level when turning from center to right
  • Fixed an issue where FX length was incorrect when quantize was on and deck was in a loop
  • Fixed an issue where Sweep FX did not disengage properly when control was centered
  • Fixed an issue where switching EQ type would create audio pop
  • Fixed network issue that caused instant FX latch unexpectedly
  • Renamed ‘TRANS’ BPM FX to ‘AUTO GATE’ (functionality unchanged)
  • Improved PHASER BPM FX sound at 96kHz
  • Improved data flow over the network
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Here is a quick setup guide to help you get started with Broadcast mode and OBS.

10 Likes

Excellent - although I don’t do home gigs, I’m sure the OBS settings will be useful to some, and shows the versatility of the mixer and its firmware.

I hope people see the note about DVS being disabled on channel 1 while broadcast mode is on. Perhaps now, would be a good time for denon to establish whether that’s a hardware limitation, or not, of course; to stop the few who might being trying to DVS with OBS (or should that be OBS with DVS?) and might put in a firmware request for no reason, if it’s a hardware limit.

The effects adjustments and enhancements are going to be welcomed far more widely though and it’s great to have them - thanks Denon and development team

Awesome new feature :slight_smile: do you guys have in plans to implement same for prime series controllers ?

Ok, Denon, great job. Also like the other improvements in this update. Broadcast mode works fine on my X1800. Just tried it out. Nevertheless, what is the real improvement? It already worked with OBS using the so called line 9/10 outputs with even DVS not being deactivated? Maybe you can bring some light into this. Or am I missing something?

Some users were saying that they could only get OBS to look at channel 1&2

Yeah, I remember that discussion, but I think those that could only get OBS to look at channel 1/2 solved it by rerouting all 4 usb channels in the USB audio channel settings to 1/2 or 9/10

So basically “Broadcast mode” is nothing but a simple utility shortcut that re-routes master channel from 9/10ch to 1/2 ch, a thing that was already manually possible before this firmware update through the same Advanced Audio utility menu on the mixer?

Some people will just like a nice easy simple “broadcast mode on/off” setting though

2 Likes

While I would never knock down new features, even if they are a simple shortcut to a existing feature, i seriusly hope no more than 1h of labour was spent on this particular add-on.

Just…■■■ denon.

And there’s the fx improvements - its not just the broadcast switch

1 Like

As I said.

12characters

This happens per soundcard basis. One soundcard for laptop the other for streaming.

The giving up of one dvs channel is meaningless when you have something using that USB port for streaming.

I’m not sure why (and it doesn’t matter why) everyone talking about just one feature (broadcast mode) and how that shouldn’t have taken more than an hour to program.

There are a dozen other feature in this firmware update for the X18xx mixers about the sound fx. There must have been far more posts and far many more users talking about wanting the mixer fx changing their sound, loudness and behaviour to control movements - there’s lots about what happens or shouldn’t happen when the control is at 12 clock for instance.

So it’s good that a OBS Conparible broadcast mode is now activatable with a single on or off command but of far more interest is the dozen fx changes. Let’s not forget those

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed an issue where Instant FX was not working for Reverb FX when Noise FX was on (44.1/48kHz)

• Fixed an issue where Noise FX was not working when Reverb FX was on (44.1/48kHz)

• Fixed Autogate FX initialization

• Fixed an issue where Gate Sweep FX reduced audio level when turning from center to right

• Fixed an issue where FX length was incorrect when quantize was on and deck was in a loop

• Fixed an issue where Sweep FX did not disengage properly when control was centered

• Fixed an issue where switching EQ type would create audio pop

• Fixed network issue that caused instant FX latch unexpectedly

• Renamed ‘TRANS’ BPM FX to ‘AUTO GATE’ (functionality unchanged)

• Improved PHASER BPM FX sound at 96kHz

• Improved data flow over the network

• Other various stability enhancements & improvements

2 Likes

Maybe because Denon itself is putting that feature in the spotlight? Despite it adding no new capabilities other than making it barely more user friendly.

What would people think if they knew that from this firmware version one reported bug was left unfixed because time/money was spent on adding this broadcast mode?

Well, as you say that denon only spent an hour on it, so that’s ok then.

Looking at the other dozen bullet points, it looks like denon fixed quite a few things that people had previously asked to be fixed. I agree with you about a spotlight thing though. Maybe denon should have listed all those fx fixes at the top of the news release and mentioned broadcast mode at the bottom. But, with the world and his dog home broadcasting right now, it was quite clever to have that at the top, given the pandemic and no DJs allowed to work crowds while covid grips us all.

Does this look I stated something?

" …i seriusly hope no more than 1h of labour was spent on this particular add-on."

What if this “bug” would not be noticeable by 95%? You can’t deny continuous improvement for something as simple as a mixer.

And why do some think that something like broadcast mode would take any time at all to implement?

The Roland 707 had to change drivers and still has to give up dvs on ch1 to stream. Denon did not change drivers did they? This is what one could call a “quick hit idea” for Denon. Smart devices with cameras only recognizes ch 1+2 for recording audio btw?

And what if I tell you that this broadcast mode feature will make it way easier to submit bug reports. :sunglasses:

Thank you for fixing this!! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Was excited for this but yet again an X1800 update has seemingly bricked my mixer. What does it mean if the mixer won’t connect on USB1 but will on USB2, but also will not update on USB2???

Can you try another USB on the computer side or another computer?

I think only USB1 works for updating. In what state is the mixer in when you power it on at the moment? Share a photo or video if possible.