Firmware update tutorial

Hi, I’ve been searching too long on this forum to find a quick guide or tutorial ‘how to update firmware’ on my SC5000 players.

Wanting to update to the recent 1.4 (I guess it’s 1.4.1 now).

I recall using different methods of updating with previous upgrades in the past, I just want to ensure I’m using the correct one for this latest. I was hoping that the forum had a pinned topic for a basic but important topic like this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

RTFM.

Here’s what the manual says. * Update Firmware: Use this option to restart SC5000 Prime in Update Mode, which enables you to update its firmware. Follow the firmware update instructions included with the firmware update package you downloaded.

I’ve been asking them to UTFM (Update the ■■■■■■■ manual) with every version release AND include firmware update instructions. Maybe you need to RTFM dragon? OP had a legit question.

1 Like

And what’s so convoluted about that? It’s the same process for each update release, why should they update the manual?

Not if you have the original firmware version. It also says instructions are included with the firmware update, which they’re not. There’s also no actual instructions in the manual. Just fyi.

They should update the manual with all the changes that they’ve added via firmware. Come on man.

Thanks. But, the manual is not very explicit in details: Update Firmware: Use this option to restart SC5000 Prime in Update Mode, which enables you to update its firmware. Follow the firmware update instructions included with the firmware update package you downloaded.

And using the search in the forum for 'firmware update’, is less helpful as it seems to pull up more ‘problem with…’ than what I am actually searching for. Suffice to say, it’s been updated. Now time to play.

FROM THE MANUAL: Utility To open the Utility screen, press and hold View/Preferences/Utility and then tap the Utility tab. To close the Utility screen, tap the X in the upper-right corner. In the Utility screen, swipe up or down to scroll through the options, and tap an option to select it:

• Update Firmware: Use this option to restart SC5000 Prime in Update Mode, which enables you to update its firmware. Follow the firmware update instructions included with the firmware update package you downloaded.

Firmware release notes are right next to the download on the site. https://www.denondj.com/downloads so there’s no need to update the manual for each roll out, it’s a gimmie’ in the industry.

Also if people can’t use a simple search engine, then YP not MP.

Absolutely. I found that video and another. Just wasn’t sure which method should be used via my original post.

The bottom line is, why as a user should I have to search outside of the official Denon DJ forum? At the very least, have topics such as this that users will be referencing often as pinned topics at the top (with linked vids). As I mentioned, searching on this forum for something this basic, but necessary proved inefficient. Hence, why I asked for input from users.

I’m not upset by this, but you seem to be bothered that I asked for clarity? I read the manual, and followed the instructions, but wanted to ensure that I do not brick my players because I did not do a step that was assumed common sense and not stated, etc., NBD

Navigate to this page https://www.denondj.com/downloads which is the Denon DJ product support page and show me where the firmware update instructions are. Also, they said in the manual that the instructions are included with the firmware. I’m with you on the RTFM when the manual actually has the information but it doesn’t.

I think what I was referring to starting this post is that there is something more content and information missing on the web or in general for everything in general. I compare it with Traktor or NI and I think its website and customer support is much more complete. It also has its Native Access portal in which you are informed of any updates on any of the devices or programs you have purchased.

1 Like