Firmware update thoughts

thanks Paul! Exactly that what we needed :ok_hand:

1 Like

Superb @paul_denondj, we might actually get back to some discussions on this forum instead of constant gripes about the best piece of DJ kit that is out there!!!

Put me down for Beta testing btw!!

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. This is the intent of my original post. … Some clarification from denon about our beloved products and some encouragement to be more open on status etc.

Nice to see your development is going on an agile path. Being a scrum master myselve I can only encourage this. By the way we work in two week sprints. For us, both in hardware and software, this is considered to be the ideal time frame for our teams

If you would consider me in the beta test program, this would be appreciated. I did some beta testing on traktor for NI in the past. Of course the mentioned NDA is no prob.

Thanks again.

Hi Paul

I would be very interested in joining the beta program - I have a prime setup as my home setup so would have no problem in finding the time to test beta firmware.

NDA’s are also not a problem for me - I’m a software developer in my day job so most everything I do is under NDA of some sort :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards, Jon

like to join the beta programm too… complete Prime Setup here :wink:

thanks an all the best,

regards Roland

I would like to be on the betatestteam too! I m on 2xsc5k + x1800

And thanks so much for your elaborate respons to all our questions and concerns. Much much apreciated Paul!!

I’m happy to beta test

Current InMusic stuff

• SC5000M
  • X1800
  • Soundswitch

Serato DJ Pro

Style: Open Format (from hip hop to dance)

1 Like

Paul’s reply above was awesome and hopefully will have silenced quite a few stirrers.

While it lacked a date of next firmware release, the abscence of which was explained and understandable, it was still awesome!

Being real here, I wouldn’t expect the same level of detail to be issued by Denon / Paul weekly, monthly or bi-monthly, it would be nice to see a quarterly version of that post. Four a year, that’s quarterly, one every three months - please !

So “Update newsletter no2” on 7th June please ???

Anyone else feel these newsletters should be locked to a exact date of issue? It would be really something to look forward to, as long as they don’t loose detail or become ambiguously vague.

5 Likes

Thank you Paul this is very reassuring very happy to hear that things are being worked on and haven’t been forgotten this definitely reassures me that DenonDJ is the brand to own…Plus put me down to beta test anything i can do to help develop the platform and the brand I’ll be glad to do. again Thank you!

I would absolutely love to contribute by being a beta tester if you are still looking for people.

They need an open beta long before they need 30 new beta testers with NDAs to vet and keep a lid on. Besides, me thinks the problem is not finding bugs quickly enough, anyway, but fixing them and adding the necessary features people have been asking for… hence the New Zealand thing in order to get a manpower increase. The current coding staff clearly have a lot on their plate. Otherwise you’ve got 30+ people finding the same bugs and asking for most of the same stuff with the exact same results.

4 Likes

@paul_denondj, my company owns 6 of the SC5000’s and 3 of the X1800’s. We would be more than happy to be included in your beta testing program, since we have so many units we can compare side by side to try and help your dev team along!

Thanks Paul!

I’d also could and like participate as a beta tester for SC5000 / X1800

Thanks again!

Thank you all for the positive responses. We’ll be back in touch very soon regarding the Beta Tester recruitment.

Have a great week everyone.

Best

Paul

3 Likes

Great respond @paul_denondj . Would like to a part of beta testing aswell. I also do beta testing for Serato. My setup is 2X SC5000 and Rane 72, open format, and use the setup as bothe standalone and with SeratoDj Pro.

Count me in for the Beta testing Paul, would love help make the 5000’s even better! I have a pair of the 'M’s :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the com[prehensive update @paul_denondj. I definitely have the bandwidth to be a beta tester, with 20+ years in DJ’ing, along with 5 years in software development in an agile environment, I’m more than willing to contribute tot eh prime ecosystem for the sc5kM’s, X1800 and engine prime software (which i own) . Please reach out if I can assist! Cheers Adrian

Hi @paul_denondj, I’ve been reading the forums for some time and decided to chip in. I have been a NI product owner and forum member since 2003 and an active beta tester. I was also part of the Rekordbox beta test program for Rekordbox and Rekordbox video (sold the XDJs some time ago and went for SC5000’s). I can provide credentials for these. I would very much like to be part of the beta test team if possible. My job is software team leader and release manager (agile) so I may be of some help. Thanks.

“interesting” to see how a reply from @paul_denondj can change the direction of this topic.

This topic started with the request of when there will be (finally) a FW and EP update. A lot of people tag’d along and put in their 2 cents.

Finally a reply arrived, in my opinion a reply with not the content we all were/are waiting for, i.e. no indication on when the updates will happen…the reply also mentioned something about betatesters. And see what happens the whole direction of the topic is changed into “I want to be a tester…”

I’m pretty sure that there are more then enough testers and doubt if more testers will result in more and/or faster updates.

My view: @paul_denondj thanks for the reply but please be more concrete and give us the answers we are all waiting for.

Maybe this sounds negative but to be honest, the denon team is asking for our patience but how much patience should we have…it is almost 1yr after the 1.2 “update”…

6 Likes

I guess i hope that with enough attention it wil grow.

1 Like