Firmware update thoughts

And poorer record of bad guesses and gossip from people wrongly saying Denon will forget us, denon will never do this or that.

People said all that garbage about the 8000 and then, like a Fourth of July rocket BOOM !!! Out came new bloody excellent firmware and engine prime got revised to give 8000s some of the prime workflow for pre prep.

It would be lovely if firmware took a day to complete and every function from every piece of other hardware and software programmes could be written into prime in that day.

Denon are going along the best path . Some people want to do the journey in a Bugatti veyron at 250mph with in-journey narrative comments and hand holding every few minutes and that’s not denons fault.

3 Likes

Amen!! Completely agree.

No doubt if you purchased a Bugatti Veyron (even a heavily discounted one) but then had to garage it for a few weeks/months/etc. because Bugatti via their over worked customer support staff, was like: “the mechanic that can fix your car is on his way…soon. just wait. we promise the mechanic is on his way…and in fact we hired more mechanics so you can be assured that you will be driving your paradigm-shifting, revolutionary new vehicle very soon”, you would exhibit equal patience.

Actually, I applaud you…on a related note, since you’re a car lover, want to buy a slightly used Delorean? My grandfather bought it when it came out but DeLorean Motor Company had been working on some small fixes for it but tragically my grandfather never got to drive it because due to a freak accident called ‘old age’ he died many years later in his bed still clutching a photo of his beloved delorean. Normally it sells for 180K (its a flagship delorean) but you can have it for 99K (though if I give it to you for that price you have to implicitly promise not to complain if the delorean mechanic I send over it s a little late…)

1 Like

All nice, but was your DenonDJ device not working or was it completely broken?

Better comparison is that your Bugatti is still only driving at max 150mph and the mechanics are trying to get it to 250mph, albeit they take their time… But for now you sold your Bugatti and bought yourself a Chevrolet. You’ll have a nice drive of course!

Matt’s on fire! : ) Dude good luck with your new kit btw!

1 Like

I’m sorry. You can’t build a stand-alone setup and not provide a more stable and efficient platform on which to prepare that content with. And all the while promising updates to a platform that was according to Denon, built to be updated. People are frustrated and whether they spent 3 or 6k, it’s a lot of money to most of us. And something to be pointed out, most of us would just like some solid info on any of it.

Denon has this forum, just say ‘hey guys, this is what’s going on and what we’re working on’. I promise that stuff goes a LONG way! We bought the gear and into the dream, so we’re listening. Just talk to us.

1 Like

The bits and bobs of it all is, denon deliver.

The question isn’t “will they?” It’s “when?”

Too soon, and denon won’t have had adequate time to include much and, as has happened before, the update comes out, and people just shrug and say “nothing for me here, that was poimtless, when’s the next one?” Or “that was insignificant, denon don’t listen to me”

Too soon and there’s also the risk that whatever is included in the update won’t have had testing in every possible permutation.

Too late and some people will start shame campaigns, counting the days, and spawning all sorts of empty fears about never, never.

But everyone has their own scale of too soon or too late. Does the scale change with cost of the equipment? If so, that should mean that people with a €1500 Prime 4 would have 4 times as much patience scale than people with a €6000

But then Engine Prime is for all the Prime series so what happens to the scale then, especially as Engine prime is zero euro €

1 Like

You’re swimming up-stream here. And making excuses. As I watch another company pop out updates for its many, many controllers and software, at least once a month. None of that stuff is holding them up.

The comments here speak for themselves.

And none of it is probably helped by the fact that the people who have invested the absolute most money in all of this are feeling the most jilted. And every time we watch videos where people on screen are promising future additions/updates and changes to Prime 4 make a lot of us cringe a bit and ring hollow. I have no doubts things are coming but it’s time to just be up front and let us know what’s happening. We’re not expecting something for nothing here. Say what you will but we deserve to know.

And I want to be able to promote this system and feel good doing it.

Smaller updates. Talk to us. Big difference.

6 Likes

“Oh, horizontal waveforms for Prime 4 will come after the launch in a firmware update” :joy::joy::joy: And all I’m thinking when I read comments like that is: how many years will it be?

But guys (and girls): you buy the gear based on features it has NOW, not on promised ones or expected. Engine Prime is free, you could have tested it before purchasing. Why ■■■■■■ now and at who? Yourself?

1 Like

Then they should I introduce technical and functional updates. We at our company use them and they keep customers very happy.

Technical include bug fixes (high end roll off would be a great example). Functional include improvements and feature enhancements.

That way you would know what to expect with each update. And give some detailed explanation… Not something like (and you read this so much) “several performance enhancements”. No give more detailed description. People then know what to expect and can give/report any issues with an update is much more detailed manner.

How do yo expect feedback if they changed hundreds of items at once. Maybe some are related…

Just my two cents.

1 Like

Yes YES YES!!!

This is a huge problem now

People buy things without looking , or they look and think they’ll buy even though they want it to have a particulars feature and then keep their fingers crossed and their mousing fingers clicking for features they want added. And then it is back to them starting a blame campaign against denon until their feature appears

Buy it for what it has on day one.

If it gets anything nicer later ———> Bonus !

Just a friendly reminder of what you can do with these decks :smiley:

Cosmic Rock! Four-Deck Remixing On Denon Prime

4 Likes

How long have you had your SC5000 with the high end roll off?

Hello everyone. Thank you for your feedback - it’s extremly valuable to us. Rest assured we do listen/read your comments, & I have passed these onto higher management. We are constantly working on making our products the best for our customers, and producing high quality exciting, new products such as the Prime 4. The SC5000 & SC5000M have not been forgotten about, however Firmware updates do not happen over night. Please be patient, and it will be worth the wait :slight_smile:

8 Likes

An awful lot of conspiracy theorists hanging out on this thread. By the way, I use the 8000 in standalone mode regularly and in no way find it “useless”, in fact quite the opposite.

1 Like

Hi Keith

An inaccurate observation and not within the conduct guidelines we’d hope for from members here. Please do refrain from casting accusations on a public Forum like this. If you have any concerns that your interpretations are valid, you have my personal email address and contact number, so let’s discuss offline.

In addition, you say “I already have the MCX8000 and it’s pretty useless in standalone mode right now due to the limitations of Prime”. - considering the latest hardware firmware updates and software improvements into Engine Prime, please advise what ‘limitations’ you feel are present and why you feel the product is " pretty useless"? - we are listening and will respond.

Best

Paul

1 Like

Hello @paul_denondj Paul

The issue is, that we, as customers who have spent more than $6K, actually feel overheard / ignored, since anything is rarely responded to.

You have even said that you want to publish frequent updates, but nothing happens.

It is only when there is problems like this, that you just get into the debate and say that things do not happen overnight, but that we are not forgotten - and then we do not hear anything again for the next long period.

We are all well aware that things dont happen from one day to the next, but it is still us who are the best ambassadors for your products as we have paid for it. It is we who either recommend Denon products or suggest our dj friends to look in another direction.

I myself am a huge advocate of your products. (Believe it or not - I come in peace)

But we simply still lack more frequent bug fixes / updates, so we feel that something actually happens.

You will be overrun by comments when you launch the major updates.

Keep them coming in a steady flow a little more often, and make them smaller.

Fix one thing, launch … Fix a new thing, launch … so we can actually make positive feedback and contribute as the ambassadors we actually are.

And when our dj friends asks about the update-rate etc, we can say that Denon provides a steady service at this point as well.

Best regards Kim

6 Likes

Funny enough I’m not upset at the state of development, just a bit dissappointed.

The hardware price is right Hardware warranty fixes are top class

improving Engine prime should be top priority.

3 Likes

sat here with money for a prime m setup (with new firmware), at this rate this money will be going on the cdj2000 nexus mk3…

2 Likes

Thank you Denon for responding! I’m glad we’re being heard.

I will be patient and wait until Prime 4 release to see what’s in store for us.

In the mean time I will be enjoying my SC5000s. They truly are remarkable! With a few tweaks they will be the perfect players.

Cheers!

2 Likes