Firmware update thoughts

bevor denon i used a Xone:92 with a BOSS:RV5 and a BOSS:TE2. This a really nice analog effects instead of a crapy Pioneer RMX and it worked quite well

Umm…both pedals are digital btw. But sure…it has to be the mixer’s problem and not the user’s…

That’s a good point. Maybe not 100% from official sources, but I remember having seen some videos by Laidback Luke and DJ Tech tools (which I believe are a bit of promoters of the Prime and maybe not 100% independent) where they mentioned customers could expect new FXs as firmware upgrades. I think the Hall reverb was not in the first release or they at least upgraded it, but other than that we have not seen anything in that regard for two years. I would not mind if we already had a good long tail delay FX, but we don’t.

Maybe thats why release of prime4 and hopefully our updates are delayed with five weeks? Would be march 6 at baxshop but now it says april 16.

@kradcliffe sign me up as beta tester… :grin:

I was also part of the traktor beta testers for NI. Ah the good old days :smile:

1 Like

Would love to be a betatester 2… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed. I hoped someone from denon would at least give us some feedback… We can only hope…

1 Like

@Sydes… Best way to make sure they react, is to tag one of them.

1 Like

A few posts on the forum are reporting that the P4 date is now April.

Are SC5000/X1800 owners been held to ransom due to this?

Couldnt care less if they responded or nah.

Just need them to update the software.

What if they released Engine Prime 1.3.x and the only thing added is support for the P4 & a few extra stuff no one asked for? :thinking:

Hopefully thats not the case.

5 Likes

We got told last year to not aks for updates, even when last release is buggy, it will be fixed with a next update. No patches, no bugfix. Just wait out till the next update. We are in fact all paying beta testers. It seems like its all marketing. Sad. Up on release things looked so promising, but now two years further, i dont know what to make of it. OP said it before, we are not taken seriously. Or they just cant.

1 Like

Well, believe me, it’s been taken seriously. However the update interval or speed could indeed be better.

4 Likes

Thanks Reese. I know you are connected so its assuring to here from you. And forgive me my frustration but since the progression of updates is declining, its really hard to keep good faith for the future. For EP and firmwares. I understand it’s policy and i understand resources are tight. But i changed my rider. Pio’s and traktor got their own cons for me, ao i will stick with my prime setup. But for example the whole prepping is still not adressed. I dont know what to say bout it anymore, but it is not transparent or trustbuilding.

2 Likes

That was my initial purpose … That the userbase is taken seriously by denon. Let’s wait and see what the next weeks and future brings…

1 Like

Like always (almost :wink:) you are right, @Reese. Could’nt you try and pull some of these strings we all know you have, and maybe…make them realize that it could be improved.

I know you cant, but its just wishfull thinking :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What’s most frustrating for me is that I’m holding off on any more track analysis and crate curation until the next update hoping it will fix some of the most basic database functionality. This, essentially, places me in limbo while I wait. Now it seems the forthcoming update is being held back to coincide with the delayed release of the Prime 4. After being screwed by the lack of support on my X1700, I’m a little worried that the same may be occurring with the first gen Prime products.

That maybe so, but before Prime it wasn’t InMusic.

Same here. I don’t want to invest any more work into the data base before the new version is released.

In the best of cases I wouldn’t have to use Engine Prime anymore and could do everything on the players (which I thought would work when buying them).

3 Likes

I’ve been very quiet lately about all of this because I’m also in the same boat. But there it is

3 Likes

I had another bug rear its ugly head last night while playing. When loading a track it loads and cues at the end of the track instead of the beginning. This is the third time I’ve seen this and can’t figure out how to reenact it. It seems random.

Thats a setting track start at beginning or at cue. Not logic but its a setting. I always cue up my songs also before loading the next one.