Firmware update thoughts

What’s the update on the update?

6 Likes

They started shipping the Prime 4 yesterday so hopefully that means the firmware is ready to go!

Hi Jason, can you implement to Prime Series Default beat jump 32? Now maximum is 16 and it would be nice to have 32 when i reset song. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems the update is ready. Check the product page for links :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the new update firmware for the SC5000 prime would be available ?

Hey everyone, check this link for some news!

5 Likes

It is available now, https://www.denondj.com/downloads

It’s ready now ! Follow the link

New Features: :heart_eyes: If all this works decently, this is a pretty damn excellent update.

Performance Features

• Add a user preference called “Pitch Control Type” which allows the Pitch Bend buttons to be set to Range by default.
  • Improved high end frequency response of players.
  • Increased speed slider resolution to 0.01%
  • Added ability to change key on players.
  • Pressing the on screen key brings up the key change feature. Key can be incremented or decremented using the onscreen controls.
  • Pressing and holding the key button will sync the key to other playing decks.
  • Key button will blink when key is not set to it’s default pitch. Shift pressing the key button will reset it back to the default pitch.
  • Soundswitch functionality integrated.

Collection Features

• Added Collection Management features.
  • Song lists can now be sorted by additional Metadata like Comments and Date Added. When sorted by criteria, that critia is also shown.
  • Added ability to constrain search to various fields, including Comments. This is done by pressing the downward facing triangle in the search bar.
  • Holding Shift while scrolling through crates/playlists/folders will now jump by page, just like the song list.
  • Increased the touch area of the song list slider, making it easier to scroll via finger.
  • Keyboard no longer closes when clearing a search.
  • Tweaked keyboard touch areas to minimize false presses and accidental closures.
  • Keyboard now reverts back from numbers to letters when a space is entered, or if closed and re-opened.
  • Touchable scroll bars now are thicker than non touchable scroll bars and give visual feedback when pressed. Song list scroll bar touch area has been increased for easier touch scrolling through large song lists.

Misc Improvements

• Disabling layer B will now throw a warning if there is a track on deck.
  • Improved loading to deck handling so soft takeover does not kick in unnecessarily.
  • Improved selecting and ejecting of drive behavior.

Bug Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed an issue where the song would jump in position when scratching after adjusting the grid and exiting grid edit mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the center wheel screen would occasionally freeze when reverse, censor and slicer actions were performed.
  • Fixed an issue where repeatedly starting and stopping a motorized platter could result in small audio pops.
  • Fixed an issue where the SC5000M’s motor would play back at the incorrect speed.
  • Fixed an issue where when playing two synced tracks on separate layers, the playing track would sync to the newly started track.
  • Fixed an issue where loading songs from the prepare list would occasionally load the incorrect song.
  • Improved search accuracy - fixed several issues where searching for numbers would return false results. Also fixed an issue where in rare circumstances searches would leave out results.
  • Fixed an rare issue where pressing pause would not pause the track.
  • Fixed an issue where libraries created Engine Prime v 1.0.3 or earlier would not load the collection properly.
  • Fixed an issue where turning off 3 or more units simultaneously would cause a unit to hang upon shutdown.
  • Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list would not be brought into focus and loading via knob would not work.
  • Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list selection would jump to the bottom of the list and only 2.5 would be visible on screen.
  • Additional bug fixes and improvements.

Also:

V1.3.1 Software Update for ENGINE PRIME

1. Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hot-cues and memory loops
1 Like

0 days since the last firmware release. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I feel like we are at the end of a John Hughes movie. I’m about to do the thing with the stuff, but before I do I just want to say it’s been a wild and life changing ride during the lifespan of this thread. I know it’s only been 23 years, but looking back it feels like it only been a few months. sigh (I said I wouldn’t cry…)

Good luck to everyone on your journey through life. Be excellent to each other. And remember the words of Ally Sheedy’s character in The Breakfast Club: “When you grow up, your heart dies.”

2 Likes

See ya next Saturday.

1 Like

Any news on the asymmetrical jog bend (non M SC5000)? Could someone try that for me?

The update looks cool so far!

updated both my SC5000s via USB. no problems at all.

like the order by key feature.

i have yet to dig into the engine prime software, but its nice to see i can sync directly to rekordbox, which appears to work OK. I just hope its more intuitive to export to USB!

So i just noticed on the downloads page, where they pulled the SC5000 firmware back to 1.2.2 for the non M version. Does anyone know why? I would like to update my SC5000’s!

1 Like

Here we go! I just had a set with my new SC5000 Ver. 1.3.1! Amazing! Nothing changed From the last 1.2.2 version! That’s really incredible…Just a touch up here and there but the MEAT has yet to come… No difference on the loops behaviour, no date in the History folders, no bpm grid changes, etc… so just the crumbs but not the cake… Just my two cents, as always!

1 Like

I’m confused now. Is there a release for the SC5000 or not? Or are we supposed to use the SC5000M firmware?

Or is it a glitch on the website? (1.2.2 is already in the legacy section)

When I checked it after the announcement, it was listed as 1.3.1, so it looks like they have rolled it back. It’s looking like there was a pretty big bug from what I am hearing, from fellow SC5000 owners, regarding HID mode and Serato.

@amarillis - I must agree with you. I bet they have worked hard… But like I statet in another post - had higher hopes.

Love:

• The Key-adjust feature.
  • Create playlists / folder feature.

Miss:

• Activating pre-defined loops before pressing Play (mentioned after the last update took that feature away)
  • Rating tracks on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Add comments on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Option to correct wrongly analyzed tracks on-the-fly (by tapping, editing the numbers in the bpm or like in Serato mode on MCX8000 - (mentioned since the release of SC5000))
  • Naming hotcues on-the-fly

One can only wish.

I use neither. Can someone send me their SC5000 1.3.1? Would like to try it this evening.

2 Likes