Filter on desktop Engine OS 2.0 Excel-style data/sort function possible?

Awesome filter function on the new 2.0, but I was wondering/hoping if there is any Excel-style data/sort function in the works where I could sort by Genre, then BPM within Genre, then also by Key within that Genre, for an entire playlist. Just did it tonight track by track for a gig tomorrow, as I always have, but an advanced filter/sort like that would be next level. Or perhaps it’s there and I’m missing it. Thanks all!

With Engine DJ (on computer) you can click on the top of the first column to sort, then press CTRL (or SHIFT, I don’t remember) and then press on the second column to sort, and so on. So for example you can order first by BPM order and then by key order, or whatever you want.

2 Likes

Yep, @DjAj got it, hold shift while clicking multiple column headers in library view to have multi sort, and of course you can still use the filters within that sorted track list to filter out specific BPM/keys

1 Like

OK that works!

So related to that, once I do the sort on desktop Engine(BPM & Key), can I reorder the track numbers in the playlist based on that filter?

I can’t drag and drop them in a different order with the filter on, which makes sense, but I want to use the filter as a starting place in making my playlist order. I can do it on the Prime 4 device, but I can’t figure out if its possible on desktop Engine.

Thanks again @DjAj & @MikeC !

1 Like

Once you have your preferred sorting based off the columns, you can right click the track list and select ‘re-number track order’. This will change the play order of tracks to the currently selected order.

If you want to make nay minor edits to the order after that, sort the playlist by the # column and you can drag and drop tracks in the track order.