Features without the x1800

My intention was not to insult the product but just give my opinion on how the two compare. I know it’s not a “toy”. It better not be at that price point.

No need to get bent outta shape.

Phew… I can tell you one thing … it’s built like a tank… I just tried lifting it… ugh!

Which is interesting…why do companies continue to build mixers w’ primarily metal materials, but feel it’s okay to skimp w’ plastic for the players? I mean, you said it, DJ Boothe, “there is plastic, then there is plastic”. Why not construct the mixer from plastic as well, if it’s so great?

My own opinion is that there’s not been any skimping in any way, merely an application of logic. After all, why are cans of coke cola made from aluminium instead of the same stuff that Volvo make their cars roll cages from? Answer, because it would be overkill.

As the user reviews from those who have received their units already have said, the play feels solid and sturdy. Indeed, when you pick up an SC5000 it’s quite substantial and not hollow plastic. Indeed, have a read of this thread where several new users discuss the high build quality very positively versus two of the former rivals. Quick (Very) First Impressions

Now mixers versus players, historically, and I’ve had my hands and eyes in Disco equipment for a long long time, I would always say that mixers get “thrashed” a lot worse than players.

Mixer stories of faders being rammed from min to max “instantly” with enough force to break the fader and send the plastic fader cap off into the audience, and crossfaders “redesigning” the ends of the crossfader slot in the mixers faceplate, loud enough to be audible over gig-level PA, thanks to extreme turntablism.

Players on the other hand, whilst still being expectant of a certain, but far less, amount of repetitive working force aren’t in the firing line to the same degree as mixer crossfader and channel fader extremes.

Solid is solid, whatever material achieves that.