Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

On the players? The requirements for that over the ethernet link would be through the roof, and I’m not sure the mixer would even be able to run a feed back into it. I don’t advise that. The X1800 is where the recording option would need to be, and unfortunately there’s no USB A port on it like on the X1700. The Pioneer DJM-REC iPhone app doesn’t even work that reliably anyway for the DJM900NXS2. I advise people to just buy a portable recorder if they want something like that.

3 Likes

Pitch fader physical position should be registered on track load, overriding soft takeover from layer change. No need for a settings/option/preference. Anyone disagree with this, and if so, why?

Hey guys You have seen that the RCA are of better quality on the M than the SC5000 ?

How so? Looks the same to me.

Here you can see the difference, not really the same

bottom industrial 3D photo. you jester😁

1 Like

its the same…

One of those is photo and the other is a computer generated render. Go actually look at one of your units - that’s what they look like.

Hi there,

as other have requested, wuold be nice to have link sync with ableton

thanks

Very low down the todem pole of priorities and long term stuff for original SC5000, but slip mat friction simulation, as in how quickly the record picks back up when you release it or spin back. On the low friction side it’d be a little more time to speed up like butter rugs, while on the higher friction side it’d be less time to speed back up like neoprene or velvet mats. This is as opposed to just immediately going to full play either when touch is released or after a slight delay as a result of a back spin. There’s probably some way to have this affect forward spins to better emulate vinyl, too. Deckadance 2 has pretty good friction simulation, and I want to say VDJ 8 gives you the ability to tailor some of the settings.

Someone is gonna activate that feature without knowing its there and claim that there’s a very loose feeling between the movements they pump into the platter, and the sounds they hear.

If you’re jog bending or touching the capacitive platter, there would be zero delay of inputs when this simulated friction scratch/touch-release start time is tuned to the butter rug end, and it would not affect the start acceleration of play, cue, or hot cues that would still be instant. Does that change your opinion of it?

I’d love to see the 5000 connecting to my wifi network and let me browse the Nas for music… hello, new geeky dj here!

2 Likes

I’d be content with a wired connection Engine Prime track offload feature over a network, but there is supposedly wifi-related filings on the SC5000 with the FCC.

Ableton LINK please.

1 Like

I’d love also to swipe away the playlist window to have the whole screen dedicated to track browsing once the playlist is selected…

14 Likes

thats true… i d love too, longer tracknames would be displayed too on the fly ; )

2 Likes

+1 on this one

1 Like

I forget how fast filenames currently scroll. These are 48khz displays after all, right? Maybe the ability to also adjust the scroll speed (and hold delay) would be helpful. That’s something I can do on Hanpins and I don’t remember that as an option on the SC5000.

MPC Live / X integration.