Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

yes that is what I mean ,you are correct :slight_smile:

I can that the limits advertised on the pio/rekordbox when used with only a USB stick or hard drive of 10,000 tracks per deck ( so that is 20,000 if you link two decks or have a double deck combo unit, then having a laptop active on stage feeding tracks to players is the only workaround for large music libraries.

However you won’t need a laptop with the sc5000 prime as they have no such tiny track limits

1 Like

I would like this feature because if you are sometimes playing the decks for a whole night this could the right choice ,if you play for 2 hours a hard is the right choice

Another future feature idea: user defined platter colors (or the option to enable blinking or dimming) for different states of the deck.

For example, the user could select a color (or blinking/dimming) for each of the following states: Deck On-Air Deck Paused Track Almost Ending

Cheers.

2 Likes

I think I saw that LED ring blink (as track end warning) in one of the videos…

1 Like

You are correct Kevin, and you can set the warning time up to 90 seconds before the track ends. Or you can turn it off, if desired. Also, if you have a track on the opposite layer nearing its end, the layer button will blink

3 Likes

I think i read it before, but it’ll be a great feature to support a keyboard and use the F-keys for Instant functions. Like Search (Title, Artist, Album), go to Tag List, add to Tag List Load in Layer A / B on one Deck

1 Like
  • CD drive that is 100% integrated
  • spinning platter

The traditional Denon cue method, as an option in the set up menu.

3 Likes

The blinking Layer button for the second layer end-of-track state is genius.

3 Likes

that would have to be an entirely new unit, not a feature request for the SC5000, sorry

Now i saw the first video in my native language in High-Res. You can choose between eight colors for the jogwheel ring. My feature request to this: all other LEDs of knobs and elements that are natively green illuminated should also switch to the jog-ring color. The Layer button should always be illuminated of the with the jog color of the not active deck.

Addition: The Waveform (big and small) should also use the jog-color as basic color, for better indication. Just like the most DJ-software out do this: Deck 1 red, Deck 2 blue… or something like that.

2 Likes

A good support and updates will be essential. On the pioneer side there are Many bugs that still aren’t fixed on all players (hotcue slip not always working, speed changes, problems with USB drives). The feedback from pio ranges from nothing to we are investigating it (for months). If I report a bug I want it to be fixed when it’s replicable. When playing in the club the players must be trustable to run a whole night without problems.

3 Likes

After going to that Serato thing last night… ‘Pitch n Time’…You guys would have to give it a different name obviously but I think the ‘on-board laptop’ should be able to handle it no?

2 Likes

With the current SC5000 keylock (which is a little bit different than Master Tempo) you already have the possibility to Lock the Key and adjust the time, by pitching the track up and down. Key stays the same (locked), length of track adjusts to pitch tempo. So that option is already in!

For the part that changes the key I already suggested a Key Change feature (Press (and hold) key and Pitch bend + of - to change key higher or lower).

1 Like

Yea, you know what I’m on about addie! So you can makes the sounds pretty like!

In white please! That is sexy as f…!

2 Likes

When sorting new music it would be a great option to be able to delete tracks you don’t like, straight from the USB or SD you are using…

1 Like

Create and Manage Playlists at the SC5000, should be possible with the touchscreen

I think it’s one of those things that would be “possible” sure but so much easier on a massive screen.

When I compile a playlist, I like to see what the audience will have heard for the dozen or so tracks before and after the tune I’m about to add, to make sure it’s all kept varied not repetitive or too “samey” - for this, seeing about two dozen tracks per view is best, but each to their own