Feature Request Wish List Thread

(The SCS 4DJ) is a brilliant bit of kit… just flimsy.

If that was as robust as any Denon DJ gear it would be a pretty solid controller. Oh and that ‘browse’ knob in the middle is like a plastic jar lid… haha!

If Stanton could do that in around 2012-ish I wonder what a company like InMusic could do with it buying power and design? For £1000/$1000 we could have an MCX/RX style all-in-one controller that’s sturdy enough to be trusted on the road with no computer needed.

The design wouldn’t have to change from what it currently is as the size of a mobile phone could be slipped into the unit as even a £250 phone has enough computing power to run an entire controller.

The future will be interesting.

I’m still at a loss as to why all of this isn’t possible on the current internals of the MCX8000. Linux requires VERY little specs to run efficiently and I’m positive that’s what the 8000 is currently running… or would be positive, if I can ever get my hands on a spare to dissect.

Everything you just described on a 5-year old control should be possible with the 8000! So what’s up, InMusic??

1 Like

Thing is whAt ever Product has ever come out, is out, and will come out, someone, somewhere will always be ready to say that they want it to do more and shout about get rid of pall those features I won’t use and make space and processing powers available for the features I want in it.

People are even asking for more stuff to be added to even the Prime stuff and that’s loaded already.

What’s vital and mega important to some people will be a worthless expensive and il never use it ever option for some other people

There’s never a single perfect thing

If the unit that is out now would be solid and stable that would be awesome!!! I don’t need that stupid extra extra stuff. I Love the sound quality of the unit. It’s miles ahead of pioneers Xdj-Rx units.

1 Like

Beta Version: 003

When synchronizing the tracks manually in autonomous mode, I miss a visual reference, as in many players and software. I understand that for that are the LEDs of the jog wheel. When I position the cue on the grid, the led is positioned at the beginning, but when it turns around it does not coincide with the first compass and so on that makes the LEDs do not have much sense more than for something decorative.

Is there any way to adjust this?

I think it’s something important especially for those of us who want to get rid of PCs and do not want to use sync.

1 Like

Moved to Feature Suggestions.

I use a lot the sync feature to change the tempo while two tracks are playing. Here is my two recommendations.

Actually, we must press the “sync button” to the deck that are not actually playing to set the sync function properly. If we have a track playing in the Deck A at 120 BPM and a track loaded at 125 BPM in the Deck B, if we press the sync button on the Deck A, the song currently playing step up to 125 BPM directly and the master deck is on the Deck B. Is it possible to set up the master deck automatically on the deck currently playing? And also, the master deck could switch to the next deck if we hit play/pause or cue to stop it.

Another thing it will be nice to have is a tempo control like Serato where we can hit shift to change the tempo slider position. It’s very useful when we need to decelerate or accelerate a lot to match the bpm of the other deck in sync while keeping a smooth control at a lower BPM range.

I don’t know if these things are possible in Engine, but if yes, it will be two more reasons to use Engine more often!

Thank you!

No offence meant, but why would you load a track on deck B, but then press the sync button on deck A? I find the way it works now is logical, whichever deck you want to sync to the other, just press that button. With that said, I do like the idea of having the deck that is playing automatically made to the master. I also like the “shift + pitch slide = disable pitch” to enable pitch slide movement (from top to bottom etc) without affecting actual pitch.

bonjour en mode autonome de la mcx8000 sa serai super que les point cue qu-on fait soit enregistré par le moteur engine car a chaque fois que je fait le point cue sur une chanson fichier mp3 il y a un décalage après quand on reste avec le même fichier sava du moment quand je passe a un autre fichier et si je souhaite de remettre le même fichier bin les point cue que j’ai faite son décaler donc mon souhait si possible sa serait bien que le moteur engine mémorise mes point cue pour que a chaque fois je n-est pas a refaire les point cue merci denon dj

hello in the standalone mode of the mcx8000 it will be super that the point cue what is done is recorded by the engine engine because every time I made the point cue on a song mp3 file there is a lag after when we stay with the same file sava of the moment when I pass to another file and if I wish to give the same bin file the point cue that I made his shift so my wish if possible it would be nice if the engine engine memorizes my point cue for that every time I do not have to redo the point cue thank you denon dj