[Feature Request] Instant Doubles should be the other way

As what I see is that You are a “Dj” that is not even a bit flexible. In the region where I come from we have a very simple rule - a good dj can play on any dj gear. Does not matter if it is vinyl, cd, usb, midi controller, dvs, all in one, pioneer, denon, numark, reloop, citronic, gemini, what ever… A good dj can use the devices as they are, beat grids, no beat grids, bpm readout or no readout at all. I started with 2 lp’s and a 2 channel mixer with no EQ. That thought me the real discipline. So I don’t complain, I work with what the gear provides and try to squeeze 120% out of it. Be creative, be open minded… that is the key.

2 Likes

Much luv. :zipper_mouth_face: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I had just added my second reply then I noticed a post by Djkom asking us to take it private as we were hogging his intended post with shocking behaviour :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: so I just replied to DjKom saying sorry its done.

And Yeh sorry again Kom, just clearing that question/comment up, hopefully its done.

Now on with the program: [Feature Request] Instant Doubles should be the other way] :smiley:

With the Engine OS 1.6 I think this feature request is even more needed, isn’t it ?

How you guyz use instant doubles ??? All djs I know use instant doubles for one deck mixing, so we just need a quick way to send the current playing track to the other other layer : SHIFT + LOAD !

Please vote :pray:

You know if you have dual waveform on it asks you which deck you want instant double to go to, is that not what you are asking for?

Even before double waveform view, instant doubles had many options to choose from.

1 Like

It’s not the case when you mix with just one single unit. the instant doubles loads the other layer track into the current layer. there’s no interface which asks which layer we want to.

Let me describe the use case again.

• One SC5000/SC6000 + One mixer

• LOAD a track X on layer A

• Quick way to instant doubles track X on layer B without changing layer

• Load track Y on layer A

This is the way single deck Djs use to mix without controlling the other layer at all. I mix like this using my SC5000M and Rane 70 in Serato DJ by double taping on the opposite Instant Double button.

If want to mix like this in standalone this adds 2 changing layer extra steps (A->B then B->A)

Do you get it now ?

Switch layers and try again? You should be able to do what You want when you have focus on the proper layer. I used 4 decks, had 7 options to make instant doubles when all layers were in use.

Ok i give up…you still don’t understand my use case.

I’m taking about single deck mixing you still continue to talking about multi decks :unamused:

No, I get what you are talking about, it’s just that when you have two decks, even if using only one, it works very differently.

I’ve just replicated it now with only 1 deck turned on, and can understand your frustration. With only 1 layer loaded, it pops up with this screen

and as soon as you have a second layer loaded, it instantly takes from the none active deck.

The screen above, when running two SCs, has an option of which layer to send the instant double to. If that screen activated with options, it would do exactly what you are asking for on a single unit.

1 Like

This is it ! Thank you !!!

Side note for Denon DJ, you should add 2 extra buttons (Load A and Load B) below the browse knob like on the prime Go/2/4/, for your next Dual layer players. Then it will be possible to load directly the track or instant doubles into the desired layer :wink:

A few weeks ago I hit a workflow problem that I didn’t have when using other DJ software. I have a Prime 4 and I have started to use instant doubles more and more by capturing loops and sending them to a layer.

If I am playing a standard set and I am mixing between deck 1 and deck 2:

1. Capture the loop on deck 1.
  2. Instant double that to layer 3.
  3. Only deck 2 is able to be instant doubled.

I think a solution could be to hold down the deck/layer button when we double click the load button.

It was frustrating recently when I wanted to play a set with samples on and can understand where @Djkom is experiencing as the flagship all-in-one has the same issue.

I think it’s more of something that slipped through the net as it seems logical that it can be done.

But we were talking here about SC players instant doubles on one player and on multiple players. Prime 4 has completely different logic behind it, as all 4 decks are on one screen and control surface.

Ahhh I see. I thought it had a similar logic.

Not being able to instant double from the primary layer to the secondary layer seemed an oversight and thought it was similar setup.

I’ll drop a feature request for this.

EDIT: I actually thought I was replying in this thread. Stupid me…

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ask-which-track-do-i-want-to-instant-double-in-prime-4/28734

1 Like

That might be a viable addition if the layer you’re currently on is already playing and the other active layer on that same deck is currently paused. In such a case, the other layer on that deck could automatically get the current playing layer’s track loaded to it. If that other layer on the deck is currently playing, then perhaps a pop up could ask which layer you’d like to load the current layer’s track to… sort of the inverted thing of which you speak.

In the latest firmwares, you can also simply go to the Browser, slightly swipe the track to the right, and you have the choice to load the track onto that deck’s other layer, too. Doubles shouldn’t just be for moving a track to the other layer of that same deck, though. While doubles is currently buggy and needs improvement, this following feature request would also be more generally flexible while not limiting doubles any further:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ability-to-load-tracks-to-other-decks-layers-on-sc5000-6000/47923