Faulty or need of an Update?

I agree in your case but would still test with the same track just to make sure the wrong BPM is not written to the file. I seem to recall someone had a track that was analyzed at one BPM but RB and Traktor had a different BPM and in that case, the BPM on the player was wrong so matching 125 to 125 wouldn’t work if second track was in fact 128 but the display would read 125 leaving us to assume the BPMs were matched when in reality they would not have been.

In addition, I realize that on the M there are other factors to consider like the motor…

Ok thanks I’ll check that out, it hasnt done it for about a week maybe cuz I reanalysed my tracks, however this wouldn’t affect the pitch buttons working would it? Speaking of which I’ve had Denon support send me a link to a midi mapper tool to analyse the deck when the buttons aren’t working, I’ll use it next time it plays up and let you guys know

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so either. whatever the bpm would be bending it should alter it so I say you’re right on that also.

I don’t know if this is a software issue or hardware issue but a visual representation of the actual button working would be for you to hold shift and press the +/- shift bend buttons. That would change your pitch range and you can see on the display if it works. This would, at the very least, tell you if the hardware works.

That’s a neat A&H-like idea. Good thinking, Denon DJ.

1 Like

Im a very busy man and do not have time for extensive testing, however I noticed tonight whilst having a quick mix that 2 tracks were well out of sync. I noticed even though they were both the same BPM of 124 I had to have one at 126 BPM to get it more or less in time, The original BPM is 120 and Prime read it as 122, therefore the need for 126 not 124. I re-analyzed the track to no avail, Rekordbox analyses and beat matches perfectly with these 2 tracks. its the same on the Sc or just using Prime so its obviously a software problem, although my pitch button problem Ive yet to test properly. I hope this gets sorted out very soon as I cannot trust the system and will not use them out, even though I own them?!

3 Likes

Hi, did you ever get this problem sorted? I’m seeming to be having the same issues, any help would be great.

cheers

Hey Nobody, take the track that you know is 120 and in Engine Prime change the tracks BPM to 120. Just type it in the BPM box. Export that track and then see if you’re still having a problem when mixing with the other track. I’m guessing it’s just Engine Primes screwy BPM alogorthym and not hardware related.

1 Like

Wait, so I thought you all were having this problem (or at least replicating it) with identical tracks on different layers and players, rather than you just using the BPM readout to go by. Is the assumption now just that it’s actually only a problem of not using your ears instead of the inaccurate or fluctuating BPM readout? Has this issue seemed to go away for you with the latest firmwares?