Failure to eject external device

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) Current

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…) When trying to eject my Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 500GB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA500B/AM), the 5000’s always say ‘failure to disconnect’. I end up having to turn the decks off before removing the device. This issue happens when the harddrive is plugged into USB A in the front.

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) Every time.

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.) Both 5000’s are plugged into an x1800 via ethernet, but this issue happens whether the 5000’s are connected together or into the mixer.

Thanks.

1 Like

Liking this comment, because this happened a few times to me using a SanDisk thumb drive (also USB-1). It is inconsistent and hard to replicate (probably occurred 3 times maybe in over 80 attempts). I did record a short vid of it displaying the frozen circle animation after it stayed in that position for over 3 minutes at a gig a couple months ago. I too, had to power down and remove the thumb drive.

Obviously, that is not an ideal solution and can perhaps even corrupt your Engine Prime Library database. I don’t know this for sure, but after reading about this topic and it happening to me recently, it is possible. I hope others can report if they shared a similar experience.

Does trying to eject multiple times not make any difference for you?

Thank you for responding. I have noticed the issue is inconsistent for me as well. For me it’s about a 30-40% chance it does not eject and I use these decks about 2-4 times a week. I have only replicated this issue with the USB A port in the front. The one time I used the USB port in the back I had delay issues with cues, so I haven’t used the back ports in a while.

@Reticuli ejecting multiple times does not make a difference. I have tried 4-5 times in a row and it consistently fails to eject. Hopefully a technician or mod can chime in, as your question must help narrow down the root cause.

1 Like

@JWiLL Bringing this to your attention

Absolutely. Your situation sounds more dire than mine. As I mentioned, it’s only happened about 3 times to me so far since I started using them live in June (replacing my CDJs). But hopefully, we’re in the minority and this does get addressed. Last time it occurred was early November.

When it happened, I did press the eject button multiple times after a minute or two of the animated circles continuous spinning and it did not make a difference. Ultimately, had to power off.

Hey guys, Ive been having this same issue with failure to eject thumb drives. IN ADDITION… I have experienced the player turning itself back on after ejecting the thumb drive and i have hit the shut down / power off button. Im not sure (Denon - if your listening) if this should be a separate topic or not as it seems to be related to the failure to eject issue as well since that precedes it. I have also had to power of the machine and remove flash drives as other users have described, without them being ejected properly.