Failed To Load Track

Hello everyone. I am experiencing a scenario where a track that has been loaded with Engine to my external drive, will not load on the SC5k’s. When the drive is connected to Engine, the track loads and plays just fine. But when connecting the same drive to the SC5k’s, “Failed To Load Track” appears and the track is highlighted Red. I own my pair of SC5k’s for two years without any issues while operating Engine without fuss…I have deleted the track and reloaded it but the issue persists. Some insight to this will be appreciated so much. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried a different drive with just that track on?

So good of you to reach out… I have not tried that because for two years I have been using this drive without a problem. But I am going to try your suggestion right now and report back. Thanks again

First, you could try to perform an error checking on that drive. If it comes ok, than do a defragmentation job on it to ensure that all files are contiguous. You could also try to verify the size of the track album art to ensure it is within limits.

Thank you guys for your time and positive feedback. Yeltsin’s suggestion worked - then I decided to reload the track to my original drive but only after deleting it from my collection first. I suspect the fault lies with me as I may not have gone about my business as thoroughly before. :v:

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem with my drive, and had to buy a new one and move the lot!! I think sometimes of the drive is a failing the SCs pick it up faster than the computer as the computer must still be able to work, but the access speed is just to poor for the SCs.

Don’t be so quick to discard a storage device just because one file had some problems loading. Do you know for sure, now, exactly what was the problem with the previous storage device? If it worked correctly before it can work again if you diagnose and prepare it the right way.

Mine is dead as a door nail; doesn’t even work on the MacBook now, but it was the prime that picked it up first!!!

A so-called low-level (re)format will rewrite 0’s to your entire drive, while at the same time testing every single spot for failure. If a spot is bad, it will be marked as unusable, so shouldn’t pose a problem in the future. Also all previous indexes and tables will be deleted. After the low-level format you can then reformat it to whatever you need (FAT32, exFat or anything else for that matter) and have a brand new disk ready for use.

You can use free tools like PartitionMagic to do this. Just be aware that this is a very time-consuming thing, so start it before you go to bed and if you are lucky it’s done by the time you wake-up (sleep in!).

Just my 3 cents worth as usual.

Done everything in 2 different drives, would start reformatting (mac) then crash, tried the PC, would write and allow it to be read on the Mac (couldn’t write anything to it and it was in exFAT), and then crash again, eventually it gave up the ghost and wasn’t readable in either (used terminal as well to write as Disk Utility just stopped working).

Yeah … sometimes stuff dies. Often in the electronics too, not just physical platter surface.

1 Like

I have just bought sc5000 and x1800 good piece of kit. . I have the same problem. Brand new Toshiba HDD and converted my serato library to engine. But it says failed to load track, track may be corrupt or missing. It p lays from PC running Windowws 10from Serato but it would only play around 75% of tracks uploaded to Toshiba HDD. It’s really frustrating.