External device being seen as internal (bug report)

No still no solution. I think we have to wait for an update of Engine Prime

1 Like

@ToddOddity what is the name of the ā€œengineā€ directory?

I have used my external drive only on my windows machine and it has a engine folder named ā€œEngine Libraryā€ but continues to show up in engine prime as internal drive.

Same on mine - no change on Windows. It was the Mac that started behaving differently after the addition of the Engine Library folder.

I am having the same problem my Seagate 500GB was only showing in the directory and not under devices even after formatting it as EXFAT and then FAT32 so I went and bought 2 WD Elements 2TB one as a backup and neither of these are showing under devices either only in the directory Just to be clear windows is seeing all these drives as removable and they are all EXFAT MBR

1 Like

I think the folder is called DENONDJ2

Hey all,

Just bought a SSD Samsung T5 500GB, and have same problem with the ā€œdeviceā€ in EP hereā€¦

Hope a Update will fix this issue !

regards

im also having the same problem, which on my first night of using my decks at work has given me all sorts of problems trying to find tracks. is this issue gonna be sorted out ?

Can someone from Denon please confirm this issue is being addressed in the next prime update as I am seriously over dealing with work aroundā€™s on this issue on top of the limited number of files that can be shared between players

1 Like

hope so far too for this so ive bought extra an SSD drive for the prime setup :confused: thx

this would indeed be a major improvement.

I do use 2 drives which I try to keep in sync, this is not a problem from the PC to the drives however when making changes on the players, e.g. change/add cue points or change beatgrid only 1 drive can be synced back to the master databease on the PC.

1 Like

+1 with the problem!

Hope to get it fixed soon.

@Gee_DenonDJ first off I feel for you being constantly harassed by people wanting a million things added to the hole prime setup but please can you confirm that a prime software update is close and it will have this hole windows external hard drive problem fixed. Having to have crates on thumb drives and collections on hard drives is driving me crazy. Also why is it that the Denon staff are so reluctant to answer people on the forum yet straight onto them on Facebook, wonā€™t this encourage people to flood a public forum with problems and make people think there are major problems with the range?

4 Likes

For sure their is a need for a improved system in transferring back and too from drive to drive or USB and the detection of external drives in some cases I experienced in the past as well as some of the issues that are described above, I have been on the fence with my SC5000 almost ready to give up now, but the 4 decks and soon/eventually we have been hinted on the loop and hotcue syncing amongst a few other things and maybe their will be some surprises for both software and SC5000. Its that question I keep tormenting myself with is, if I leave the prime system what do I go over too that still has so much potential despite these early hiccups for early adopter, As many of us have most probably left something then not much later the major updates/upgrades/firmware etc Drop and solve much that was lacking or at fault, So Weighing/summing it all up having to by new drive/s in my case is worth it I now believe after a night tossing and turning, then watching the snow fall from 4am I concluded I got to hang on in because I would presume their is a lot more to come and its worth the struggle to solve issues. And as Gee mentioned to me their are many who donā€™t encounter problems, so in some cases we have to solve what we can in trying new brands of storage that seem to be okay for other users, solve this at our end gather more info for Denon about and then anything else is indeed a matter at their end.

I hope you all sort out your issues, we could do with starting a Topic for Recommendations of trusted Drives by users who have tried and tested with success and what Spec laptop/computer/etc/windows or mac and so on so we can get a wider and clearer view on our options and based on our needs and cash flow, a more comprehensive listing would save others our anguish and help us next time round, all food for thought.

1 Like