Extended Track Information in Jog Wheel Display

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Display extended track information in the jogwheel display when song thumb is not available.

• How will this feature help you and others? This is very helpful to determine track status, time, information during play.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes, DDJ-1000 have this.

• Does a workaround currently exist? No

• How often would you use this feature? That would be a very used feature

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

48 Likes

I would like to have track info displayed as an option, overlayed on top of album art. I did a clumsy little mockup below.

It has:

• Artist & Title (both at the same time)

• Key & BPM

• Elapsed & Remaining Time (both at the same time)

• Upcoming Hotcue markers in the outer circle (something I saw on another manufacturer’s controller)

22 Likes

I have asked for the same thing in the SC5000/M section. Given the jog art stuff are identical between the SC and Prime 4, I would imagine if one gets it, the other will too. Please vote if you like it; here’s the link --> Track info on jog display request

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, you see it else where so why not on the P4 as well ; )

1 Like

Hello

is there any software allowing to register the bpm and the duration of the mp3 in a logo.png suddenly after analysis we could have some information in the jog display otherwise an update would be great from denon to have the key remaining duration and bpm or even the loops if we can dream …

It would be an intresting idea. :+1:t2:

If you graphically stored the track bpm in the a”bum art bitmap, that info would be wrong as soon as pitch control or auto-sync was used

One other thing though. Why would we all want to see the same info in two different places - like on the main big screen and on the platter screen ?

Excellent move excellent details

1 Like

As a scratch DJ I would like to see a needle in the jog display, similar to the one that shows in the on-screen platters in Serato. As other mentioned it would also help to have the selected cue point highlighted in the outer ring.

In my opinion the artist name and song title are a bit of a waste since that doesn’t change until you load another track, which you will need to use the main screen for anyway.

BPM and time remaining are great ideas.