Export to Pioneer compatible USB

I’m curious if anyone has asked the same of Pioneer? If someone did, I’m sure they got either a NO or crickets. @dpaanlka request would be a nice to have, but again, I think it’s highly doubtful. Denon has opened a door for Pioneer users to transition into Prime, but I don’t think it’s beneficial for Denon to make it easy for users to transition back (i.e. Android has apps to move your data from an iPhone but not move you back).

We’re in the middle of a domination war between the two main manufactures. They want you to choose a side, stay, and not make it convenient for you to coexist in both worlds.

Now: Can anyone help me AirDrop my photos from my Android to my Macbook? :wink:

Exactly. I’m pretty certain that none of the various DJ software or librarian/database apps have an “export to the competitor’s format” option. Import yes, but not export. There must be a reason for that.

That’s because Pioneer is is trying to preserve their near-monopoly. The onus is on Denon to break into that monopoly by allowing users to be comfortable investing in Denon gear while still accepting the reality that Pioneer is the dominant player in the field. At this point it’s not about “going back” — that wouldn’t even be possible here since Rekordbox management databases are completely closed and proprietary now. We’re only talking about USB exports, so that we can play at the vast majority of clubs and venues with Pioneer gear.

You can access your photos pretty easily with Google Photos and iCloud Photos from either device (and Windows PCs too). You are not locked into some bizarre workflow that requires completely recreating a photo album. This is not analogous at all. At present there is no way for me to access an Engine playlist on a Pioneer player. It must be manually re-created.

They don’t now, but they could, and I gave plenty of examples of exactly this in other application markets.

Cross DJ does i believe

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just sayin

Small potatoes :grinning:

But we’re not in other application markets. We’re in the DJ market.

Well you said none in bold font.

Pioneer users have them to thank for rekordbox :wink:

Nothing wrong with the request (wait a minute this is not a request yet, just gen chit chat)

@dpaanlka did you start a feature request yet for this?

export to other format

• m3u to listen to your usb in your car

• xml to use it with compatible media players (functionality may vary eg cues, loops, playlists may not be the same, no guarantees it will work)

I also said (in preface to that) “I’m pretty certain” - as in not 100% sure.

Probably the only reason Cross DJ has it is because it’s free and not a major player in the market, so DJs may well start off with it, then once they decide DJing is for them they move on to paid software.

1 Like

… the company that wrote Rekordbox originally

Oh so it only exports to Rekordbox? I see… :eyeglasses:

Its not free. i think its 79.99 or something

Well they claim it can export to “major dj softwares”

@DJ_Vintage was a fan of the software

There is a free version (well I assume it’s free because it’s called Cross DJ Free).

Exactly. I’m old enough to remember that Windows didn’t want to play nice with Apple and Android in the smartphone wars. Where is Windows now? We might be asking the same question about Pioneer in a few years.

In my opinion, Denon has the better product (price point / innovation) and it’s to Pioneers benefit to play nice.