Export engine collection and reimport playlist with rating

Hello

I would like to redo my engine library but I would like to keep my rating and hot cue information for example among others. I went from version 1.6 to 2.0. could I transfer my playlists to serato without losing its information and then go back to engine 2.0? or else do with itunes I tried it is doable with the csv export and a sliding of the tracks but I lose the rating (star classification) in fact without third party software I think that impossible, we see a lot of subject to go to engine but not too much for the reverse

otherwise I export my m3u or csv deouis engine and I delete (rename the database) and I import my collection again but what about the playlist in csv or m3u I have not seen an import function and as my files do not correspond to my playlists .

thanks for the tips and advice

Use Lexicon

Free trial (beta) running currently

1. Upload your Engine to Lexicon (it maintains its own DB independently)

2. Convert it to Serato (hot cues, crates is kept)

3. Delete your current Engine DB (1.6 and 2.0)

4. Restart Engine DJ and use the Serato import to pull the tracks from Serato if you want

5. Or just get it back direct from Lexicon

Choice is yours

1 Like

thank you Mufasa I had not heard of this beta super offer thank you I will test

it looks like it does not respect the playlist reading order otherwise for the rest it looks great

edit :error I see how to thanks

then for the importation of the collection and playlist in lexicon it’s ok from engine 2

if i want to export lexicon to a new base engine i’m missing a lot of byzar track after for the export to itunes ok also but more the star ratings and ditto with serato since i do not erect them natively

I am trying with traktor that looks the best way to start from zero on engine while keeping its playlist in addition we can go through mixed keys between and find the cues in engine I have not yet concretized but in test it looks ok

did you manage to get star ratings with itunes?

thank you

Yes, that should not be a problem.

I don’t use ITunes so I don’t know if star ratings from Engine will be uploaded to Lexicon or vice versa

You can test it yourself