[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR] Setting a stop time button affects both deck

• **Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…)**2.1

• **Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…)**Adjust the stop time button on one of the decks, leave the other in its normal position

• **Expected Result: (ex: It does X…)**on the deck where the stop time was set the music stops slowly, on the other it stops immediately

• **Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…)**on both deck the music stops slowly

• **Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.)**all times

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

• Operating System & Version (if applicable):

• Link to Video Repro:

No one is going to review this?

hello I have done some tests and where only this works correctly is in virtualDJ that ironically is not the official software for this controller

regards

If it works in virtual DJ the. It shows that the two Stop Time controls are either independent or if not hardware independent, can, with exacting DJ software , the different decks stops times can at least be set to different stop times

Although what you really got to consider is - will there regularly be a point in my sets where I’m going to want to stop both decks, simultaneously, or close enough that I’m not going to get a chance to change the stop time myself. Even if the answer is yes, there are probably ways to do so

the problem is that in autonomous mode it does not work correctly nor with serato, obviously it is possible to do it because if virtualdj does it and it is not the official software then because engine no, I know that serato is another company and it depends on them I guess but engine is the software that the driver brings and should be able to do it

regards

But as someone else said maybe you’re focusing on the “the settings aren’t independent” rather than “I don’t need them to be independent”

I can’t think of any moment in any set when I would slur-stop on deck at one speed, then slur-stop a different deck so quickly that I wouldn’t have the half second or so needed for me to have time to adjust the stop duration

It is not a problem of having time or not or that in some set use it or not, it does not work as it should but for 2 buttons to start

So you don’t actually need it any faster than it is already, it’s just that since you’ve noticed it a couple of years ago and mentioned it as-nauseam, you’re hoping that it might just get looked at in another firmware update for the mcx8 - if there is one.

I doubt there will be any more firmware for the mcx8 ever, since that humongous one last year, especially now the Prime 4 is out and has effectively killed off anything and everything that’s combo, but that’s just my thoughts.

According to Denon if there will be new firmware to correct errors that have not been resolved for a long time, in addition to the fact that stagelinq support is not yet implemented and they recently promised that it would be done because they sold a product that promised to have it and still does not, new features said that There will not be but the errors with which the product came out is your obligation to correct them even more when many of these still have 2 years or more of warranty

https://community.enginedj.com/t/confirmed-prepare-list-momentarily-displays-zeros-instead-of-track-info/13883/2

Well fingers crossed for you - if there’s enough other people requesting independent deck stop time thingies, then it might just happen

:sunny: Thumb:

Hi All,

This is per specification. For standalone products, global stop time is preferred by most users. This is also how we implemented on Prime 4.

The independent knobs on the MCX8000 where to satisfy Serato DJ workflows.

This is not something we will change in a future update. Moving to resolved.