[Expected Behavior] No Tidal tracks in History

Before creating a new topic, please search this category to see if the issue has previously been reported. For all new issues, please use the following template.

— Delete this line and all text above prior to posting —

• Beta Version: Prime 4 1.4

• Steps to Reproduce:

1. Download track from Tidal
  2. Play Track from Tidal
  3. Play tracks from USB or hard drive
  4. Connect Prime 4 to PC
  5. Open Engine Prime
  6. Search for History
  • Expected Result: All tracks should be shown in History (Tidal tracks can be shown gray or red)

• Actual Result: No Tidal tracks shown

• Reproducibility: Everytime

• Additional Notes: This is needed for DJ’s to create a list of tracks that they played. DJ’s need to send these list for copyrights to companies like: Belgium: SABAM Netherlands: BUMA STEMRA

• Link to Video Repro:

1 Like

At this point, we are not integrating Tidal tracks into play history or prepare lists. You’re explanation makes a lot of sense, and we agree - therefore we are planning on integrating these capabilities (and more) into a future release.

Im glad to hear you are planning on integrating this. I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to remember requested tracks that I need to get for my collection. I honestly thought this was already available. Feel free to give this feature request a like. : Tidal tracks info saved in history

Maybe a useful workaround, so you keep your hair on the head :wink::

When people wish a track I dont have, I look it up on Tidal on my Phone and add it to a Playlist I call ‘Asked for during job’

5 seconds later the track is shown in that folder on my SC5000s.

Back home, the tracks are still in the playlist and I can easily find them for buying. And then remove from that playlist afterwards.

Just an idea until its fully integrated.

1 Like

If I log out of tidal and back in (in the players) I get that functionality already, after I add requests to my tidal playlists on my phone

I think thats the same as I’m saying, though I dont log out and in again on my units. But I think we are talking about the same procedure.

I think last time I tried adding songs to the tidal playlist on my phone, I didn’t have to log out and back in on the players, just come out of the playlist and back into it

Exactly. Thats how I do it.

1 Like