[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR] Dragging multiple folders to crate panel doesn't automatically make a crates with the names of the folders

I was watching the quick start video and at 2:55 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZSo0x34Og&list=PLTmn4Jei2H7BXYHBUx0OsGeHKY91DoUAS&index=8) they show that you can drag folders into the crate panel under “collection” and it automatically creates a new crate with the name of the folder. This doesn’t work for me. Does anyone have an Idea?

Hey @Feat44 what version of Engine Prime are you using at the moment?

This functionality is available in Engine Prime 1.3.1 which you can download here: https://www.denondj.com/engine-prime

I have a similar issue related to this. I have manually dragged dozens of crates from my external DJ harddrive into specific engine prime craters, however, randomly only a few of those crates actually show up on my denon 5000’s. There’s some inconsistency with the engine prime crates and playlist folders.

1 Like

My Engine Prime is up to date. Unfortunately I can’t upload pics or post links in order to prove.

I have a Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2012 with MacOS Mojave 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 500 SSD Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB in case you need that info. Apparently I’m also not the only one having this problem. I can also make a video. Just tell me where to upload. Regards

Same here. PC on Win 10.

@KDonaldson any solution for this problem? Apparently I’m not the only one having this problem.

Hi @Feat44, sorry to hear about your Engine PRIME issue. I’m moving this thread over to the Bug Report section, for better visibility for our Dev Team.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is working in my environment. Please provide more detail and video if possible. Thank you.

• Are the folders you’re dragging on a local or removable media device?

• Are the folders cloud based and potentially not synced with the local machine?

• Are there any files in the those folders that are not acceptable audio formats?

It should also be noted that 1 folder is dragged at a time to make a crate. When you drag multiple folders at once, the tracks are added to the collection, but then multiple crates are not automatically created.

1 Like
  • the folders are on my mac harddisk and therefore not on a removable media device
  • the folders are not cloud based
  • I don’t think there are any files in the folders that are not acceptable since I use Platinum Notes and the program converts all media to mp3 … which besides also works fine on rekordbox

While trying to make a video I might have found the problem. It appears to only work if I drag and drop the folders one by one. If I try to drop more than one folder in prime engine it doesn’t work. On that score I might be good if it would be possible to be able to drag and drop several/all folders at once at also mark in prime engine more than one in case you want to remove it.

1 Like

can you check this please ?

do a complete folder on hdd and drag all your folders in this one folder. now you have one folder, drag this on prime …

will it now build the structure ?

because, you only drag one folder to prime … are the other folders converted to crates then ?

in replie which doesnt work to @JWiLL

feature request for multiple folders to crates is done:

As @addie mentioned, only a single folder can be dragged into Engine Prime to create a Crate/Playlist. If you drag multiple folders the tracks will be added to the collection but Engine will not create Crates/Playlists for each folder. The same is true for nested folders, only the parent folder is created as a Crate or Playlist.

If you would like the ability to drag and drop multiple folders and create multiple Crates or Playlists, please make a Feature Request in the area below.

https://denondjforum.com/c/feature-requests/engine-prime

Moving to resolved as this is expected behavior based on current feature set.

1 Like