ENJINN - Library Management Tool for Windows & macOS - Create smart playlists, relocate your tracks

Holy ■■■■ man

1 Like

New Version Released: v1.3.0

Includes a new command import-ext which lets you import playlists from USB drives.

Also fixed a few bugs.

Enjoy!

Edit: Released v1.3.1 with more bug fixes.

1 Like

Sorry to jump on the almost Denon-like band wagon here and start asking for upgrades to your extremely useful program, but could you add a feature for converting any accented characters in file names and tags to “normal” a-z characters ?

1 Like

Yeah that wouldn’t be too hard to do. It’d be pretty useful for myself too lol

Edit: I’m working on it

I’m going to have it rewrite the filenames and the tags in Engine (it will NOT rewrite the tags in the file).

1 Like

Howdy, whats the update with the GUI app method

1 Like

Not forgetting the “uncorrupt database” button (please )

After some thought, I’ve decided a GUI might actually be a good idea.

I should be able to make something simple rather quickly.

I’ve opened a discussion regarding it here: Adding a GUI · shayded-exe/tuneup-prime · Discussion #32 · GitHub

Do you have an example corrupted database you could send me? I don’t know the possible ways a database could be corrupted.

1 Like

I’ve never had a corrupted database, but it’s seems quite a few people do get them

I can add database un-corrupting capabilities as the need arises. If any of y’all have a corrupt database you need fixed, please send me your m.db file from your library.

Edit:

Also, exciting update. I’ve figured out how to modify some of the behavior of the smart consoles via the database. So far I am able to dynamically control whether or not the unit removes a track from the prepare list when you load it. I can also get it to save the prepare list to a new playlist on the fly. I’ll post a video example soon.

1 Like

The relocate feature was an absolute life (and time) saver! After a HDD failure and moving over from RB using this was a gift from the heavens! Thanks a ton!

The fact that it was able to even be done is another reason why I’m happy to have moved over from pioneer.

1 Like

Update on the GUI version. Development is coming along nicely. I’ve already got most of the core features implemented. I’ll hopefully be able to get the first version out within a week.

Super happy to hear!!

3 Likes

Is there a free test version or only the payed 11$ Version at gumroad ?

It’s only $3 min on Gumroad.

Here’s links to the installers for the latest version: Windows Mac

When I release the GUI version I’ll have an official trial version.

Considering changing the free/trial version to be limited by library size. Maybe max 500 songs? I want people to be able to see if it works for them, but this has turned into quite an involved project so it’s important people buy it.

Edit: Here’s a sneak preview of the UI:

4 Likes

Ahh ok- $ 3 then I didn’t look right.

I am willing to pay something for good development work.

But I’d like to try it out beforehand

Is there a way to delete all 1 & 2 star rated songs from the library & hard drive?

You could create a smart playlist to filter for only those songs, then delete from collection. You would have to delete them from your hard drive manually still.

Maybe I could add some sort of command that helps you clean up files not in your library?

Also note that the rating field is a bit weird. For two stars or lower, you would want rating <= 40. I might make it easier in the future so you can just put 1-5.

1 Like

Or a command that takes the low ratet songs or the files of a playlist in a custom folder eg delete. So I can delete them from the hard drive.

Getting close to releasing the first version of the GUI!

7 Likes

Waiting for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wanted to note something regarding smart playlists to set everyone’s expectations.

For the initial release, v2.0.0, smart playlists will still be defined via the enjinn.yaml file albeit with some improvements. The UI includes a button to open the config in your default editor to make things a bit easier.

Release v2.1.0 will include a text editor built into the UI to edit the config that will provide error highlighting and validation. I’m not planning on building a full interface for defining the rules like what rekordbox has. The yaml format, especially with the aforementioned error highlighting, will be very fast and easy to work with.

Either v2.1.0 or v2.2.0 will likely include a lot of other UI changes as well once I get a chance to see how people like working with it. I decided to not spend too much time on perfecting the layout of everything so I can get it out sooner.