Engine software (sync playlists + missing pictures)

I have 2 issues - I hope you can help:

1. When I update my Apple Music Library (in Engine programme) after adding new music to a playlist, and sync with Engine Library, the new numbers are not added to Engine Library. So I have to delete Engine Library playlist, and add playlist again from Apple ML. Why is that so?

2. Pictures from a song are fully there in Prime programme, when I click on Apple Music Library folder. All music is bought from Traxsource (or Apple/Itunes store)! Why is it, that pictures on certain (a lot of) number won’t follow to Engine Library - they disappear?! See examples below.

Apple Music Library:

Engine Music Library (here missing 3 pictures): .

I’m having issues with album art for tunes purchased via Apple iTunes in general. Currently running Big Sur and I can manually copy files from the iTunes directory and place them in another folder and the art is gone and that’s before I start to sync with Prime.

The solution (for me) so far is to re-embed the art work within iTunes and then copy to my prime folder, then launch Engine. I don’t consider my issue to be a fault with Denon. Try copying files to different locations (outside of the iTunes directory) and see if you have the same problem.

1 Like

I had the first issue as well… very annoying. For now I have been making playlists in rb/engine as a workaround, but I really like iTunes/Music for general collective purposes.

DJ software always is gimmicky and kind of awkward to listen to music…

1 Like

Thank you for your input @StereoTyp and @0ddw0rld.

Anyone from @DenonDJ Support regarding my 2 issues??

I’m not officially “support”, but I think this is solved in upcoming release.

Hi Guys,

Having kind of the same problem here besides og artwork from itunes that doenst pop up.

When i want to update a playlist on my prime with a couple of songs, i have to select all playlist just to sync them on my prime…

The same counts for itunes to prime i have to delete a playlist completely on engine to transfer the whole playlist from itunes to engine.

The iTunes artwork issue is (as I understand it) because iTunes doesn’t store the artwork in the file, but elsewhere in a folder. It needs to be embedded. The problem is with iTunes, not Engine DJ.

No you don’t. Just drag and drop manually. Forget about Sync Manager.

I wouldn’t bother with iTunes either, to be honest. Just use Engine DJ directly.