Engine prime what would you like

Never noticed it since i don’t use the software often but there isn’t bitrate field to know the quality fo the mp3 file. Just the type of file.

3 Likes

Bit Rate of files in the column sorting please. Helps with good house keeping.

2 Likes

I honestly can’t believe I waited almost a year for such a minor update to Engine Prime. Almost an entire year. Serato DJ had more changes in this amount of time (probably an unfair comparison since they specialize in software), and the same goes for Rekordbox. At this point why not just take the old Pioneer approach and outsource the development of Engine Prime to another company? It’s been a year, and STILL no smart crates, can’t reorganize crates, reorganizing playlists is still a PITA, still no flexible beat grids, playlists still export in the incorrect order (what’s the point of letting me organize them in the software if it doesn’t translate over to my USB device?), still no auto sync to external devices. But hey I can import my library from more efficient software, so that’s a plus, right?

Is there a road map of any sort for features to be added in the future? Is there some sort of game plan to catch up to the competition? Mind you, this is the same competitor targeted with the campaign of “change your rider”, aka the same competitor with software vastly superior.

I really don’t want to come off as a Denon hater considering I REALLY like the hardware, but software updates (not talking about hardware updates like with the SC players) are insanely too slow, and when we finally get them, it doesn’t fix much of anything…except give us the ability to import a properly organized library from superior software…a year after the last update.

4 Likes

Because they did the opposite when they bought DenonDJ brand: ditched the old software that was done by third party and started from scratch in-house with AirMusic (inMusic company). Now new software is still missing some features from previous version and seems will forever play catch-up with competition.

This is definitely not any sort of minor update. Yesterday was probably one of the DJ industry’s largest coordinated firmware and software upgrade release days ever.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that Engine Prime music management software is available to download and use for free, while Serato and Rekordbox with all their advanced features requires payment.

Rekordbox Preparation software is free to download and use.

Serato Offline player is free to download and use, you dont need to own any hardware to manage your library

Last i checked anyways

2 Likes

I have to disappoint you, aside from importing from Traktor, Serato and multi column sorting Rekordbox can do the same as Engine Prime. And on some fronts even more in the free version.

IMHO, Denon has leaned out the launch and shutdown times of the software with 1.3.1 so that means less sloppy coding in a year. Whereas the others are the opposite in the past year, I’m all for Denon (inMusic) having in house software coding and design other than farming it out to save on overhead even if it takes time.

Id really like to see a quick preview of tracks like rekordbox…so much easier to sort playlists with a quick listen, also dated histories.

I would like EP a) monitoring folders/crates/playlists for file addition and removal. b) some way to synchronise the Collection/Crates/Playlists/Folders referenced in the Main Collection with their counterparts in devices having copies of afore mentioned items, so, when you add/remove files from the Main Collection/Crates/Playlists/Folders, all changes propagate to the devices, after you press some kind of sync button.

I would like to import serato smart lists (if I remember correctly itunes if it does) and virtualdj support

regards