Engine Prime v1.5 - Batch track analysis crashes Windows 10 and corrupts library

I have a large library (approx 20K tracks). After I upgraded to v1.5, I selected all tracks and set the application to re-analyze all tracks. Left it running overnight but in the morning was greeted with a Windows log-in screen as the computer had crashed and restarted at some point in the night. The app also reported that the library database had been corrupted and wouldn’t load it up at all.

So I started afresh in the hope this would help, recreating my library from scratch and only analysing smaller batches of files sequentially. This appeared to be working better, and after analyzing maybe half of my collection I made sure to use the new back-up option in case something subsequently went wrong.

At some point during analysis of the next few thousand tracks, my Windows machine crashed and reset again, but this time not only had my Engine library been corrupted (and not load) but the app would not restore the earlier backup! Having deleted the corrupt library folder, I restarted EP then started the restore process. It gets to 100%, restarts the app but then hangs.

So am back to square one again! So frustrating…

My library is half of yours, stu55y. I tried re-analyze all my music and Engine crashed. I uninstalled and re-installed Engine and tried to re-analyze the tracks again and the same thing happened. I did not get the message that database was corrupted. Since I have my music in crates, I’m re-analyzing one crate at a time which seems to be working, but it’s a manual process.

It’s the odd track, I’ve had major issues with Serato over this, and minor issues with Prime (Serato would crash on loading, Prime during analysis). What I did was sort all my track alphabetically and analysed by the 1000. You can then see the batch we’re the error is, then keep dropping down to 100s, 10s and singles and you can isolate the racks causing the problems.

Denon software is the hottest garbage out there. Right now I’m doing yeltsin’s approach for my 5k tracks and it suffices to say I’m not that hyped.

It’s been more than half a year since this post and it’s still as bad as it was. I think I didn’t even have this analyzing problem until recently, but it’s happening on 2 separate computers.

I’m just posting this to ask Denon if they’ve got any plans to fix this, because it’s a shame to see that working with such great hardware becomes a pain in the ass because of the unacceptable state of the software.

Edit: A good approach to deal with the corrupt-sensitive database is to have your music on an external disk and back-up the Engine Library folder often. (If your music is already on the drive and you’re creating your collection from these files, the music will not be placed inside the Engine Library folder)

If your database gets corrupted, simply replace the Engine Library folder files with your back-up files and your database is restored.