Engine Prime v1.3.4 Now Available!

I too can mix by ear and have done so since before laptops cookoo’d their way into the scene.

For me the waiting hopefully for the next release, hoping that the big issues are going to be fixed has gone too far. The “high” of reading a post title of “new Engine version 7 thousand” or firmware version 20 is now available, then the sickening “low” of reading through the list of what’s included in the release and seeing none of the longest awaited omissions or previously poorly implemented features are remedied.

It feels like lending a “trusted” friend €100 for “just a few weeks” a really really long time ago and every time you ask him when he’s going to pay you back he nods enthusiastically and promises that it’ll be soon, really soon, really really soon, next time he’s near the bank, it’s on his to-do list, it’s at the front of his mind, he’s saving up hard to pay you back, then you just get to that tipping point where you feel you’re just never going to get more than some loose change back and that you’ve been duped by every time you gave in to believing the word “soon” ever.

It’s gone past the individual features now. It’s the misplaced trust and duped for so long, so many times aspect that’s been gnawing away at me. That feeling that we’re never going see the payback for all the blind waiting.

1 Like

Ah well, the other friend will help you build a new workshop, but you’re already waiting more than 3 years for him to show up… :nerd_face:

I’m selling the primes, I’ve decided.

I’m losing no real functionality that I need by going back to a HD 2500 rack - might keep the x1800 but might sell it with the primes.

1 Like

Hi @sir.g.o - Sorry to hear of the difficulty!

It would be more efficient to address your issue in a separate and dedicated thread. Doing so will also keep this thread on topic for new readers.

When possible, please create a new topic in the Bug Report section linked below.

Submit a Bug Report

Please use the automated template and provide as much detail as possible. The more detail you provide, the easier it will be for the community and our team to understand and identify the issue (your video will be helpful).

Thank you for your patience. We’ll get you sorted out soon.

Sorry to hear this!

I know many users have been patiently waiting for BPM Improvements for some time now. I can reassure you those improvements are REALLY just around the corner.

Again we appreciate your patience and hope you can understand it takes time to develop, test, and repeat to perfect a new algorithm from scratch. Please trust we took the time for good reason.

The new BPM detection algorithm will be available for both desktop and hardware soon.

9 Likes

Wuhuu… Love it :heart:

I know you guys are coming threw with that. I understand that it does take time but in the end I know it will be resolved. like the good news!!! oh one more thing I forgot to ask so when you guys do fix the BPM issues. do we have to re analyze tracks we had on our drive so it could be right? thanks

1 Like

Yes, to take advantage of the new BPM detection, tracks will need to be reanalyzed.

great to hear thanks for the heads up an great news

Will do, thank you

Thank you @JWiLL and please understand I’m sorry that it’s come to this but everyone has a point they get to, and I’m not even one of the people who purchased prime in day 1.

I migh keep the prime x1800 mixer, to go back to using my Denon HD 2500 which was a nice unit but denon abandoned that with a fairly serious firmware issue (if you played a playlist, sometimes it would keep playing the 2nd track in the playlist in between later songs. So you might leave it playing a playlist, come back 45 mins later and people would ask why I keep playing “in da club” or “family affair” five times even though I knew it was only in the playlist once. I might pick up a 2nd hand hd2500 so I can keep four tracks cued up as I’ll miss the layers. I’ve found a pc that’ll run old “music manager” for hd2500.

I will miss some parts of Engine Prime , but music manager was more user friendly. Sorry. The idea of having the whole database at home and only exporting the tracks you wanted for that night was too “headline DJ” and not mobile DJ friendly at all. Music manager had the right idea; Engine prime didn’t. At best of both worlds, Engine prime should give users the option at the beginning of “carry copy of whole library with you” or “export what you need for the night” right at the first use.

There’s no evidence that denon dj are going to abandon any particular prime model although I’m concerned that the problems with the x1800 seem to have been solved only by releasing an x1850 now I’m stuck with an x1800. Also I don’t like reading that my gear is inferior, yet you let one person on here keep on doing that without a 2nd thought.

I don’t think you’ll abandon the early primes but I do think that really you’re not going to be able to get even 10% of the hundreds of feature requests implemented and I don’t want to be around when you have to move hundreds of the feature demands into the “will not implement” forum sub set - it’s going to be an e-riot.

As I said above I don’t think I’m missing particular features on the prime 5000 any more, I feel more that trust has been given so very very long, to the point that what Paul (?) said was “soon” in posts , now shows that when denon say “soon” it mean “over three years”.

I’d like to think , and I might be completely wrong, that updates for prime and engine have not included masses and masses of new features because every programmer and software writer has been trying and retrying to get the bpm algorithm working better.

With that train of thought is the idea that when that bottleneck is finally sorted (and you say “soon”) then that fix will “uncork” the bottle for dozens of the other hundreds of waiting ideas to be given to the programmers who were previously tied down to fixing or replacing totally, the bpm algorithms.

But that’s just my thoughts, sorry for the fairly quiet rant. I’m not furious or angry, its just a shame and disappointing and feel maybe the same as a bunch of people would feel. Maybe I should look at the prime 4 in a couple of years and see what’s happened then, 5 or 6 years into prime.

2 Likes

Yep Bla bla bla. I had a long session yesterday on serato and Rekorbox (2 tables). They also have bpm detection problems. And what old school softwares. Pb with bugs, no easy beatjump by default, sync buttons sometimes slowing down songs, sound quality better on Denon… plastic device… No return to Pioneer.

I cant wait.

I still love the hardware but hate the software. Keep up the good work and i cant wait to get the wright software

1 Like

With v1.3.3 I had audio (buffer?) problems where the audio would just cut out randomly. Now fixed! Also had some graphical issues with the waveform where it would microstutter a lot, now it doesn’t happen at all. It’s a non-issue but still. Haven’t dove in yet but it seems a lot more solid.

Still wish I wouldn’t be greeted with 4 “Drive not compatible” messages at startup and to hide the drives I can’t nor will ever use in EP. But that’s minor.

@JWiLL, hey, I got an idea, now that we all in Europe have to stay at home, we have a lot of time… so. its the perfect time to release Engine.Prime 2.0 Beta. we have time now to test and report bugs. then this release will best and stable… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

WHEN I START THE APP…IT SHOWS THE INITIALIZING SCREEN, THEN EXITS. I’M USING MY 15" 2012 MACBOOK WITH LATEST CATALINA UPDATE 10.15.3 LITTLE HELP? DJSHORTEFROMPHILLY

You could try turning off your caps lock for starters.

Have a search through the forum using the search tool. Other Mac users have had the same or similar thing with Catalina and I think they got Engine Prime started soon after

2 Likes

In terms of a timeline then “REALLY just Round the corner” is more than 40 days.

But we all must remember that the “REALLY just around the corner” quote was made typed before the massive corona lockdown.

Like I mentioned in my post 41 data ago a few replies ago up, I decided to sell both my SC5000. I lost trust with Denon DJ and their three years of “coming soon”. Here was my thinking fas in my earlier post 40 days ago,

I was going to keep my x1800 mixer to use with my old rack mount dual player, but the person who bought my SC5000 wanted me to sell the prime mixer to him to go with the prime decks, because of the cue button colors following layer colors. So I now owning no primes and I even deleted engine prime off from my computer. It’s not right in me to pass comment or opinion on things I don’t own. I do not have any mixer right now but as none of us can perform public events there no rush in me buying a mixer.

1 Like