Engine PRIME v1.3.3

Engine PRIME v1.3.3 is available for download now!

For more info, goto: Software downloads, manuals and documentation - Denon DJ

6 Likes

We’ve been made aware of this, and we are fixing the typo. Thank you @kradcliffe for your feedback.

@Nekoro_DenonDJ As you know, I’ve been vocal before about the quality of Engine Prime code, attention to detail and management of development team. I tried 1.3.3 today and am happy to find it’s definitively one step in the right direction. Hope this starts a new cycle of great releases that stop crippling otherwise excellent hardware from DenonDJ.

3 Likes

Thanks for the awesome feedback @cesarvog!!

1 Like

FYI. Typo is already fixed.

2 Likes

Only a few days passed between 1.3.2 and its replacement.

Nice to see the gaps between releases are decreasing

4 Likes

HI, may I say CONGRATULATIONS for having released this update as fast as possible.

Seems to work way better know. (Just testing 10 minutes but the data bugs, problems with copying/moving files, cue points not saved, multiple files selection and software speed… it seems GOOD and fast !)

Let’s test it in deep but it seems okay for me ! Good job Mac OSX 10.14.6 Mojave on macbook pro 15 notebook.

4 Likes

Good at this end so far too :slightly_smiling_face: Keept it up :muscle::+1:

1 Like

Smooth and fast so far! But the proof is in the BPM analysis! :stuck_out_tongue:

All tracks are being re-analyzed as we speak! Hoping for good news!

How is the track analysis doing in this version?

Same same.

The algorithm has not changed.

2 Likes

Awwwww that’s a huge bummer!!! I had noticed it moving some of my tracks around during re-analyzing so was hopeful!!!

1 Like

Hey! It took all night to re-analyze my tracks so didn’t get a chance to check but according to @mufasa it’s the same algorithm which is a major letdown. I swore we were promised this would be addressed. : /

1 Like

Yes - they’ve advised that it will be - no countdown or date was mentioned. Surely no one thought anything significant was going to happen BPM wise with the New Zealand software office only opening up just 2 or 3 months ago :man_shrugging:t2:

I don’t doubt it’ll happen, and I don’t doubt it’ll be good when it does.

1 Like

Oh boy. Soooooooooo let’s go with that. They aren’t starting from scratch. The merger took place more than 2 or 3 months ago. These BPM issues have been a problem for a long, long time. This software is holding back an amazing system. It’s just frustrating. Can you understand that at least?

The speed improvements are VERY nice. I gave props where they were due as I always have. I’m just ready for this very major problem to be addressed.

4 Likes

Probably because there were BPM values in the ID3 tags. This release (and 1.3.2) included the hack that debuted on Prime 4 where it uses the tags as a guideline.

No merger - they simply invested money in hiring a dedicated software team in New Zealand.

Yeah nix the merger word. : )

Hi all

We are working on the BPM algorithm improvements - this research project is a large rewrite, and is showing excellent results. We are working on bringing this work into Engine, but not for the currently available Engine Prime 1.3.3 release. It is a major focus for the teams, our goal is to bring about best in class results.

Cheers Matt

14 Likes

I just wanted to say I have a noticeable improvement in speed and functionality (Windows 10, I5, 8GB) with 1.3.3. I updated my collection with nearly 100 songs yesterday, and they loaded and analyzed in under 3 minutes! Thank you Denon DJ. Now on to Cfade and Relay play for future features, then I’m 100% Denon Prime. (Think DN-HD2500.)

3 Likes