Engine Prime v1.3.2 Now Available!

I’m thinking that the bpm detection is better than previous. I set up a usb stick with 300 tracks on it which I knew had some tracks which previous hadn’t bpm’d Too well.

The ones I’ve tried worked better today with loops and similar than they did before. I checked their meta tag data and they don’t have bpm data on the raw tracks.

Whether it’s new algorithms or it’s some frequency banding or filter hi/low frequency band pass that’s allowing prime to focus on the bass, I don’t know but somethings improved the bpm detection.

Does the app crash or do nothing at all when you run the application?

Is it possible that security preferences may be blocking the application?

Does Engine Prime v1.3.1 open without issue?

Engine start loading but then a pop up window appears “Engine Prime quit unexpectedly. ignore, report, reopen”

I’ll try your suggestions when I get home.

Hi Will, I install the new version and notice that it has improved with the BPM but still has a problem. I selected some tracks that gave me a problem with BPM with ENGINE PRIME 1.31 and reanalyzed them with 1.32 and the following problems. As I had a problem I did a control test, on a new laptop I installed the new version of ENGINE PRIME, download the music directly from apple music (download 5 files) and several of those files gave an erroneous BPM. The funny thing is that the ENGINE 1.5.2 algorithm (not the PRIME) calculates the BPM perfectly. Please do the test with the track “Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna & J Balvin - China”, ENGINE PRIME calculates the BPM at 140, and ENGINE 1.5.2 calculates it at 105 and is correct.

I posted about why this still happens a few posts above yours, take a read :slight_smile:

I think they fixed some issues with high BPM tracks not able to be detected but the underlying algorithm remains unchanged - e.g. if you take any moderate BPM track (In da club, No brainer etc) it is still the same calculated BPM as before unless there is a value in the ID3 tag.

That’ll please a section, or sub-section of DJs then.

Something else has deffo changed and improved in BPM detection though as one of my tracks that was showing as 131 by engine several weeks ago, today shows at 130 by new engine. Small tiny difference of 1 but loops are a lot safer to use on that track now

If anyone is having problems with the application not opening or crashing on launch, please document your experience in the thread below.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-prime-wont-launch/16491/4

We want to address this as quickly as possible so having all of the relevant data in a single place will be very helpful to our development team.

There is also a workaround solution until we address with proper fix.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your help!

Working perfectly on my Win10 1903 laptop!

I just started using 1.3.2 and now it seems that it’s not saving some cue points. I’m trying to see if it a timing issue by allowing it time to save once i move from the track…No luck! This is a major issue at needs to be resolved ASAP. I never had a problem with this before. I’m running on Win 10 with my prime 4

1 Like

I’m having this exact same problem MacOS High Sierra on mid 2012 MacBook Pro I went back to 1.3.1 and no problems

Well… the BPM analysis might be improved, but I’ve experienced some really change behaviour that affects the players. I’ve just put my report in this topic: https://community.enginedj.com/t/unreliable-bpm-beat-grid-analysis-that-affects-the-actual-players/16567

Tl;dr the BPM analysis appears to be very unreliable, and I’ve had a few tracks that would play at the wrong speed, even when the hardware was set to +0% speed, which is a very serious issue.

1 Like

The new Version crashes on my Mac when I try to open my volumes. Can anyone send me the previous version of Engine Prime to see if that works?

Check the archives:

https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#engineprime

2 Likes

Thanks! This version works for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wyley1 & @djandygiles

If you temporarily rename the Engine Library folder, and retry, does the application open?

If possible, could you zip the database files inside the Engine Library folder and UPLOAD HERE.

Trying it now will soon send you zip files

1 Like

Unfortunately the new function: “Added the ability to drag and drop a folder from your files system into the Playlist area to create a new Playlist” applies only to one folder a time. Will the next version allow to drag and drop more than one folder a time?