Engine Prime: This software s*cked, still s*cks, will it keep on s*cking!?

Can some one please delete this topic? suggested workaround workflow doesn’t work…

original storage appears empty on the prime 4 (in the past, this was no problem… now it seems it doesn’t work)

Goin to drag & drop & frustration …

Hard to agree. I came from pioneer nexus setup with rekordbox already in a very mature state to Engine prime and SC players in 2017. My workflow didn’t change a bit. And back then Engine Prime was not as good as it is now. I did exactly the same things I do now and all works as it should. I am fully aware of issues and limitations of Engine, but they never were a deal breaker and a obstacle of any sort for me. Some small things are different but I am flexible and I am not afraid to learn new things. As for sync drives - if this feature does not work as it should - don’t use it. There are many options (one of them I suggested already too). To keep things organised and easy to manage, also keep it simple and backed up. I use the same library for Traktor, rekordbox and Engine. After 4 years - still all works fine, and I’m happy to be part of the Denon dj family. This is another major thing keeping the djs here. Great community with friendly people that really are helpful. This is not even close on other dj products forums.

4 Likes

Why? There’s still good info in this topic.

The topic will close 24h after the last reply, as you’ve marked a post by Mufasa.

I’m out of ideas sir!

could be anything…from your p4, sd card, to database.

@Reese do you use this method?

I have my collection and music on the SSD in my SC6000. A copy of that in a Prime2 and on an external SSD used for an SC5000.

I edit my collection via USB using the computer mode of the SC6000 and opening Engine Prime.

I’ll revert to a “master collection plus sync manager” when support for a server location is supported and a file-structure based collection creation/update is released.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.