Engine prime does not load in Computer mode

Hi, I place Prime 4 in Computer mode and I can see the internal ssd and have accesses to it. When I launch engine prime it does not turn on and it stays on “Creating Host”

Thanks

Hi,

Which version of Engine Prime do you use? Perhaps give the public beta a try.

Hi, My Denon prime 4 updated to version 1.4.1 and it did not allow access to the internal drive on computer mode with the latest version of Engine Prime (not Beta). I updated Engine Prime to Beta 1.4 and it opened with no issues and I SEE THE INTERNAL DRIVE.!!! At the end I needed Engine Prime 1.4 beta and Prime 4 version 1.4.1.

Hi @DJJC - That’s really odd that the internal drive was not recognized with Engine Prime 1.3.3 but it was with 1.4.0 Beta.

Could you provide more detail about the type of computer you have, OS, and version?

Thanks!

So I have been an Engine Prime user for 4 years now - never had this problem…until today. Simply trying to open Engine Prime software on a PC, as I have done every other time, and the Engine Prime boot picture gets stuck on “Creating Host.” I’m on v1.6.0.22632e7c6. I even did a “restart” and same result. Hopefully it will load on another computer…I have songs to add to my SD card! BTW…took the SD card out, trying to load EP, and it gets stuck on “Initializing File System” now. Shall I revert back to 1.5.1?

It looks like there could be something wrong with the data base. Rename the engine prime library folder on Your pc (for example Engine Prime library1), and start engine prime again. There are some guys here that know how to fix a broken data base. But as a fast fix, this should get your engine prime back ON.

@mufasa, do You remember who was the data base guru here??

1 Like

@JonnyXDA might be able to help

3 Likes

Did you try to 1.6.1 I think that’s the newest version.

You can check your database files using the PDF attached in this post

2 Likes