Engine Prime directly altering file metadata

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) 1.3.1

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…) Slow double click on a track’s fields to edit

• Expected Result: (ex: It does X…) It edits the Engine Prime-specific metadata and leaves the file alone

• Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…) It edits the actual file metadata in my music library (!)

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) It looks like this doesn’t happen when you edit a track that’s currently loaded in one of the virtual decks; it works as I would expect. Track changes are saved in Engine Prime and leaves the actual file unchanged.

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

• Operating System & Version (if applicable): Win10 v1903

• Link to Video Repro:

This is not a bug, but expected behaviour, see page 29 of the user guide.

Engine-Prime-User-Guide-v1_0.pdf (4.0 MB)

Tracks loaded in the deck should also update the original file, but that is in fact a bug at this moment.

1 Like

Oh. Hmm, in that case I’d like to convert this thread into a feature request. If I want to change a tag in my music library I’d do it from a more featured tag editor like mp3tag. The way it works right now makes it easy for me to accidentally fat-finger a slow double click and replace the title or artist with a space (because I’m trying to load a song and hit space to listen to it). I guess what I’m saying is I’d like an option to disable Engine Prime inline tag editing.