Engine Prime Crashes starting up

My Engine Prime keeps crashing just as it starts, already tried to repaired and reinstall the program nothing is working, any help?

Can you provide some more information?

• What OS and OS version?
  • What EP Version
  • Did you make any recent changes/updates/installations on your computer?
  • Do you get a crash report?

I already saw you posting this question on Reddit

here is my answer (copy-paste from Reddit) it helps to mention what OS we are talking about with version number.

But in general, Crashes of EP at startup point to a damaged “Engine Library” (EL) folder in either your Music folder or at the root of the drives connected. To fix: rename all EL folders to something else e.g. “Engine Library Bak” and most likely EP starts up again (and will be empty).

In the case of multiple EL folders there is probably only 1 with a damaged db which you have to find out (quit EP -> rename 1 folder back to “Engine Library” and start EP.

in this AMA I explain all that is happening under the hood of EP, such as this kind of behavior:

Ask Me Anything Denon Prime Special collection management and conversion for DJ’s

1 Like

It was Windows 10 and this worked perfectly, just had to really look for the folder cause there was another one beside the one in my /music/EngineLibrary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.