Engine prime continuous play button

Hi Guys, Does anyone know how or where the “continuous play button” is on the software? so that i can play tracks continuously on my PC?

Why would you need that? This software is not meant to be a playback program.

I agree, it’s a librarian program, not for casual listening playback.

On the other hand, after just taking a look at EP because of the above post, it is a little strange…

Each EP deck has a previous track and next track button - but you cannot load more than one track.

I tried selecting several tracks in the browser and dragging. I tried dragging a crate. I tried dragging a playlist. EP would not permit me to load more than one track at a time.

So why the prev/next track buttons? [shrug]

1 Like

Serato and Rekordbox software does… i need that for listening to tracks without having to drag and drop every single track.

Anyway that’s cool…if it doesn’t, it doesn’t…

1 Like

Yes DJ software does, but not librarian software.

You’ll find Traktor does too, and VirtualDJ.

You could start a feature request, probably an oversight during development.

Because if you are inside a playlist or crate you can press the icons or the “CTRL + UP” or “CTRL + DN” keys to play the previous or next track, exactly as you can do with the keys on the console with Engine OS .

ok, but not continuously.

1 Like

Yes, of course, it lacks a “continuous play” feature as is present in Engine OS.

I just answered PK’s question asking what was the purpose of those two buttons in Engine Prime readers.

I would love to have this feature also. My use case:

Want to listen to an entire playlist in the background while doing other things, without having to keep leaving what I’m doing to go back to Engine to preview/play the next track.

Now, it would be even better if this had an auto-fade option to save time on listening to intros/outros, but I’m aware I would be asking way too much then :blush:

2 Likes

I would love to have this feature also.

Continuous playback is helpful as I perform library functions. It is not mutually exclusive with the functionality of Engine as a “librarian” software (as opposed to a “playback” software.

I would imagine others share this opinion, as demonstrated here in small size.

Cheers. WM

I could use this functionality in the EP software as well. My own use case is that after creating a playlist, it would be very useful to me to have it play through continuously, independent of whatever mixing/beat matching/transitions/etc I may do when performing, just so I can see how it flows and feels musically. How does the vibe feel from one song to the next? Would help me tweak my playlists in the SW. That would be very useful to me. thanks - Greg

Hi, it already exists in Engine OS, this thread is old.

Thanks for the reply. I know it’s in the Engine OS, but I can’t find it in the Windows Desktop SW, even version 3.4. Do you know where that feature is in the desktop SW? thanks - Greg

Ah ok, in that case I don’t think you can.

Autoplay after track loading on Engine desktop would already be helpful and nice. I got used to hit the space key countless times, but why not add a small toggle, wouldn‘t hurt anybody.

Edit: Track/Waveform/cue preview helps a lot, tho. I had kinda missed that.

1 Like