Engine prime 1.6 update not loading

Just been prompted to update from 1.5 to 1.6 engine prime on my Windows laptop. No issues with 1.5 at all, but why not update. Installation went fine, opened up program and just getvthe splash screen for a couple of seconds till creating graphical… then goes off. I’m using Windows 10, i7 processor, 8gb ram, ssd, literally know little more about the laptop apart from those specs. Intel built in gpu I think. Tried uninstall and registry cleaner and starting again. Same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Also I am with Windows 10, always with I7, I have 16 GB of RAM. I have performed all the upgrades to every release (even 1.6 beta) and now I am with the official 1.6, I have not had any problems with neither the database nor the software, so I don’t know how to help you.

Maybe @JonnyXDA can help you?

There have been issues like this reported before, the only time I had it was during a really early version of Engine Prime that didn’t like multi-monitor setups at all - If I moved the window from the primary to the secondary screen then closed it, this happened when I tried to launch EP again. I haven’t had anything like this recently.

Can you look in C:\Program Files\Engine Prime\CrashReport and see if there are any logs?

Can you give more detail? Saying “goes off” isn’t very descriptive.

If Engine Prime is running (you can see it on the taskbar) then you can try hovering over it to get the preview, then right clicking on the preview and selecting ‘maximise’.

Love to respond to this, the loading splash screen disappears then nothing at all happens. I can open the program and it will just repeat the same process. Windows is up to date and is running DirectX 12.0 Doesn’t even show in task manager.

This happened to me in the past with 1.5 and older.

The only way i could sort the problem was to reinstall Windows 10, no manner of registry cleaning or directory cleaning would suffice, however, creating a second profile on the same laptop did sort the problem although was not ideal.

As the app itself was not crashing out Windows would not generate an error log, nor were there any reports of the app crashing in the Windows event viewer or any links to misbehaving library files.

Thankfully i have not experienced anything since, i know at the time there were only a few instances reported but there was not much uptake on the post.

As an aside, try reinstalling but escalate the install with Admin privileges, see if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried with “run as administrator” and no better. I’ve just reinstalled 1.5 and all is working on that at least. I’ve recently reinstalled windows 10 after having issues with rekordbox 6 at the end of last year, so not been long at ll and hardly any programs installed either.

1 Like