Engine Prime 1.6 Crashes Analyzing Mass Files!?

Let me preface by saying Denon’s integration w/ streaming & cloud services & ability to play Rekordbox playlists & Serato Crates are second to none. For digital, my controllers have been PioneerDJ since the SX series began… and after getting a Prime2 months ago, won’t ever buy another Pioneer

Now that’s been said, the Engine Prime software is absolute trash. TRASH!

I’ve been using my Prime2 with USB thumbs that contain all my Rekordbox playlists so have never used Engine Prime. Today though, I purchased a 1TB SATA SSD to take advantage of the installation option and install my music library. OMG how frustrating. Rekordbox & SeratoDJ are able to analyze thousands of songs with no issue. – I’ve done it many times — import, hit analyse, then come back the next day and all done! EP tho can’t even get through 500 songs before crashing – wth Denon? I’ve read people saying analyse in batches of ~200 tracks… thats not an option with 10000+ tracks to analyse

Please someone, is there a remedy? Puling my hair out here :\

Strange, I did 50000 tracks in one go, without any smallest issues. Tracks were mixed files of OGG, MP3, WAV, FLAC… Not even a glitch… And it didn’t took a whole day, it took an hour, maybe 2 max…

maaaaate i wish! lol. thats comforting to know it’s possible and maybe its something local here… but having trouble believing that – i’ve used this same setup w/ Rbox & SDJ to with no issue at all. this thing’s doing my head in! haha

Engine prime is more sensitive for corrupted files. Check in small batches to eliminate the file that triggers the crash, and You should be fine with the rest files.

1 Like

We all know, what it should, and it does not do, but we need to overcome this, till they solve it…

1 Like

yeh cheers. was thinking that maybe the case but i’m pretty OCD w/ my tracks/tags/quality etc and was sure they’re all good – again never had an issue w/ rbox/sdj

i started importing my library by crates (genres) and Beats LPs was first which has ~2200 tracks. Crashed when analysing as a whole, again crashed when tried in chunks of 1000 & 500. So I’ve done it in chunks of ~150 and now they’re all analysed perfectly so have reason to believe there was nothing corrupt? I just can’t do my whole library like this 150/time, will take ages

1 Like

In deed, this is strange… Maybe worth a check in the crash logs then?

iam having the same problem… it read my iTunes play list, but when “importing crates” to “collection”…BOOM!! shut down after like 500 tracks. i tried different folders with play list in them and same thing… i’m on OS - Big Sur too

Read above, try doing it in smaller batches and narrow down the list until you find the file that is causing the problem.

Gonna have to do that

back again. spent all weekend trying to import/analyse my library to install that drive and only 1/3 done due to constant crashes. frustration is an understatement. basically during analysis the application shuts itself – sometimes with 300 to be analysed, sometimes 100, even had it shut down immediately after commencing analysis once. when i reopen EP, sometimes a new crate is even created. anyways…is this the crash log: Users/“useraccount”/Library/Application. Support/AIR Music Technology/EnginePrime/CrashReportDB/crashpadout.log

if so, checked it and theres no real log.

@AIRVince Could You help here? Where can we find a crashlog for EP and try to troubleshoot what is causing constant crashing on this users Macbook?

1 Like

Perhaps more for @KDonaldson ??

2 Likes

Only place I can see for crash logs just at a quick glance is C:\Program Files\Engine Prime\CrashReport - EP doesn’t seem to write to %AppData% or %LocalAppData%

Edit: Found logs folder in %LocalAppData%\AIR Music Technology\EnginePrime

On mac there is a different file path…

1 Like

Ugh tired eyes missed this was on a Mac!!

1 Like

ok… so have an update all.

have a Surface Pro 4 (i5 2.4. 8GB RAM) laying around so figured i’d install EP on it and try analysis there… to my surprise (& joy!) its just imported & analyzed 3000+ files with no issue… so can only deduce the issues are mac specific or my mac specific (even though that mac is my primary machine for SDJ & Rekordbox import/analysis)… in any case, sorted for now and will just analyse on this PC from here on.

thanks for all the input/advice/tips, appreciate it

I use also a mac, and don’t have any issues. Maybe a clean mac would also do You the job correctly.

Yeh cheers @NoiseRiser think it maybe time to wipe it & start again

I don’t have any issues on my Mac with the stable releases either.

1 Like