Engine prime 1.6.1: library backup: unable to backup database. Database is corrupt

Hey, very new to Denon and software. I was going to buy tomorrow the Denon SC6000-s, x1850 and Lc6000. So i thought i will do the pre-analyze and stuff in advance. I am a Traktor user so i imported my collection from Traktor. Had some missing track problems and also Engine prime crashes (quits) during analyze of tracks, finally i got playlists how i wanted (and got sorted out missing tracks). Now when quitting it will not let me backup Library, saying its corrupted. First ever build of collection and playlists and already it is corrupted ?? Not a good start with Denon software at all. Makes me think if i want to get those plyers and mixer from store tomorrow, reading all those software problems today. So what could be wrong with my Database, if it is first time and 0 backups yet ? Thanks!

Could be due to tracks/files that have “special” characters. EP does not play well with those.

Delete the Engine Folder in your C > Music drive and external drive if your tracks are stored externally. Try importing your traktor library again.

I will suggest you run the consistency check in Traktor to clean up your library before importing to EP.

Thanks, yes, Estonian language has Ö Õ ä ü. Many of tracks containig these are on the library playing just fine.

So i have to start over? My Traktor collection on traktor does not show missing tracks. But they are on EP for some reason.

What worries me, is that if the database is so easily broken then it may happen any time I add new tracks?

Or am i wrong?

I add new tracks every week and repairing or starting from 0 is not what i am looking forward of doing. Or am i wrong and many people dont have problems at all?

Thx PK

PK

Are the tracks on your internal drive?

Are you using a Network Attached Storage drive?

Check the file name and track names of some of the “missing tracks”, see if you can detect a pattern.

All tracks are on internal drive on mbp. All “missing” tracks are playing fine on traktor.

No similarities on missing tracks. I was abile to use this new 3rd party software to relink missing tracks. All is well now and analyzed on EP playlists except i cannot back up and it says database is corrupted.

Pk

Did you delete Engine Folder Mac > Music > Engine Folder?

If you are using EP on Windows and your username folder contains any special character you won’t be able to perform backup. I have the same problem. Its reported as a bug and hopefully Denon can resolve this soon :slight_smile:

Well, i just made everything first time. So i guess i’ll have to start over. Off to a bad start.

I am on the mac, so no win and weird characters problem.

1 Like

Thanks, i am still on the fence if i go ahead and buy the gear. Have few hours to decide. I wish i knew how many has 0 problems.

PK

best to have the problems early than later.

1. like i said delete or rename the engine library folder.

2. then import from Traktor again

I’m on mac as well.

1 Like

Just a thought, for the tracks that show missing in Engine, check to see what file types they are.

I have no problems with my tracks. Never had a lost database, never had an unloaded track, never had such a problem. There are other points that can be improved from Engine Prime, but for the solidity aspect I can’t complain.

4 Likes

Also no problems with my tracks. Just checked my whole collection for corrupt files, then did a search for special characters (changed them all … also german special characters like äöüß … which changed to ae oe ue ss). All files also checked for small bitrate files, which also are changed to higher bitrate files. So everything is clean. Then all my files got artist artworks. Genre tagged. And then genre is also set to folder. All folders into one big folder. Then just drag this one big folder (with all subfolders) to internal ssd. After they where copied, just drag that big folder to collection field … and the rest goes automatically.

Never had problems with that. This is the main collection library - which never get changed.

And from that I start my update folders. They are called: Year-Month-Day - There all new files got in.

When I add new songs they all got to the Year-Month-Day folder … And this are the only folders I check for duplicates or nonplaying tracks.

3 Likes

I have as well no problems with engine. Use the players for over a year and get new music as well weekly.

There is definitely room to improve but it works.

Did you get your prime set? Let us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, bit the bullet and bought 2x sc6000, x1850 and lc6000. Started collection from scratch. So far no issues. Tonight will be first gig with these, i guess i’ll see how hard is to relearn muscle memory from pioneer decks :). So far i really like displays and 8 cues and loops. Some things could be faster and easier to access but thats totally another topic. Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping with cautions and reassurences! :slight_smile:

Have a great summer, PK

2 Likes