Engine Prime 1.5 almost ready

You can’t move crates around in the same way you can move Playlists around.

But that sort of makes sense - as they do two different things.

But if you put that idea forward into A suggestion form, if suggestions are still open ? Then I’d vote for it. There’s gotta be some sort of grouping for things that the denon guys need to work on , like a database grouping, a loop grouping, a display group and so on. While they’re in the database doing one thing , they might as well do 10 things, like moving crates about and keeping them there in the users preferred position, like alphabetical or genre etc

I’ve put everything I’ve suggested in these forums at least twice a year, for the last three years. Even put it in the Beta forums, even tweeted Laidback Luke about them. They should 100% be aware of them by now.

Unless it’s on the suggestion form and gets some votes, it’ll just be another post.

Was 1.4 ever released or am I missing something somewhere? :slight_smile:

@dale976 No, there has never been a 1.4 version of Engine Prime.

Indeed this lack has a mysterious aspect. I thought the meaning is that they want to keep the same revision for Engine Prime equal to Engine OS, so the moment Engine Prime 1.5 will be released (the one we are talking about in this thread), the firmware version 1.5 will also be released for the “Prime 4”. So from that moment the two “Engine” would maintain the same versions and features.

There was a v1.4 public beta where the big new feature was sync manager. This got pulled so the team could work on workflow improvements so I guess they’ve folded this feature into the main 1.5 release.

Thanks! Let’s hope 1.5 isn’t too far away the sync manager feature will be nice when it lands amongst other things.

@dale976 If they have already published the video tutorial (even if it is private), it means that everything is ready, so there is not much waiting time.

1 Like

Whatever the release brings it will certainly be an improvement over the current version, and i totally get people wanting better beat grids and BPM detection and the frustration around things not happening quicker.

A comparison has already been made against Native Instruments Traktor which is 20+ years old, i still use Traktor on my S4 MkIII but just because they are older it doesn’t make them any wiser.

When NI released Traktor Pro Version 3.? they broke support for MAC OS and it took them quite some time to fix it.

So whilst EP is the crux in the Prime ecosystem each release makes it a bit sweeter.

I hope EP wont annoy about unsupported drives like all the previous released did. EP always tried to access my TimeMachine drive and popped up a dialog that I shall initialize the drive before using it with EP. I hope we can finally tame EP’s thirst for connected drives and tell it to ignore certain drives or simple don’t scan for new drives without user interaction.

1 Like

That would be a bonus, happens on my C: drive sometimes, and any other drive that i attach for that matter.

Same ■■■■, different day…,this is a 1800€ stand alone!!! Improve the controller software! Not the ■■■■■■■ Engine! Waves are dreadful (still 3 colours only (shitty info) ) , Dimmed lights still on (no chance to get them off) same cue colour when swap to turntable, no tap, no sweep fx on line/phono devices, , sycn new music is a massive pain, duplicated, not recognise subcrates, audio card not available, A JOKE!!!

Complains about it being a €1800 standalone device, requests better controller features.

Too meme worthy for words.

1 Like

What I call a joke, is someone who has a post history with a total amount of 2…

Instead of giving a list of opinions and preferences in post number 2, you could choose to participate on this forum, to get all the things you’d want, heard. You are probably not the only one with similar ideas, so perhaps they will be implemented. But hey, that’s my opinion…

4 Likes

Just a jealous other brand owner e-warrior with a falling resale value and a mouse

1 Like

Let’s hope it will come public very soon :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks for the opinion i can’t remember asking you for, but hey, that’s my opinion

This should be released any day now I feel since they posted it on YouTube. Probably waiting on Engine OS to 1.5 as well. All I request is the flexible beat grid, the rest aren’t a major priority for me.

Looking at Your way of communication, don’t expect much respect from veteran users here. You are not really much active on the forum, and as You showed us, best what You can do is demand and complain. Maybe a bit of good manners and a more polite way of writing would get You heard Not only by us here but by Denon dj as well.

This is not only Reese’s or my opinion, many people will agree.

@Reese
Het kleinste kind is het luidst :wink:

5 Likes