Thanks for all your feedback thus far on Engine Prime 1.4.0. This build brings fixes for the most common crashes and issues that got reported in the first round of Public beta. Please find the release notes and download links below.
As always, we look forward to your feedback!
Improvements and Fixes in Engine Prime 1.4.0 Public Beta 2
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exporting/cancelling multiple MCX8000 database exports
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing / updating large libraries
- Fixed an issue where iTunes playlists imported as Engine Prime crates/playlists would export with no tracks
- Fixed an issue where Performance data of an externally located track would not be exported correctly after packing a playlist from one external drive to another
- Fixed an issue where crates created and exported in an older version of Engine Prime would not be auto-selected via Sync Manager
- Fixed an issue where the Export to MCX8000 button would become unclickable
- Fixed an issue where an unanalyzed local crate could not be exported to MCX8000 via Sync Manager
Known Issues Engine Prime 1.4.0 - Public Beta 2
EULA window in 1.4.0 will still show an ‘update available’ option if the ‘Ignore version’ option was selected from the EULA window in the last officially released version of Engine Prime
Playlists can show an incorrect ‘Drive’ location if tracks are added to local playlist from an External drive
Database migration % can go higher than 100% after migration is complete
How to Install
To run the program, download and install the package for your particular OS. For Mac users, run from the Applications folder. For windows users, run the application from the desktop shortcut.
This will install a new version of Engine Prime with ‘Beta’ icon alongside your current Engine Prime version.
You should back up the Music / Engine Library folder & any additional Engine Library folders on external hard drives / USB devices as a safety precaution before installation. You should always back up your music collection as a safety precaution before installation. Please read this post prior to installing any Beta build: READ BEFORE INSTALL