Engine Prime 1.2.2 won't install and has removed my current version

I never got an answer so just stopped using Prime. I recovered a previous image and tried again but no luck.

Prime is a terrible piece of software. Denon really need to get it sorted.

I haven’t updated the songs on my MCX8000 in months now.

2 Likes

Yeh so far that is all im hearing that the software is complete garbage and no one seems to answer questions asked about installation problems.

I really dont wanna cancel my prime 4 but if i cant get the software to work then wats the point in having the new gear when it wont work.

1 Like

Denon really need to get an updated version of Prime out before the new controller hits the shelves.

Totally agree because atm i cant even install it on my PC and a few of my m8s have tried it and it also wont install on theirs either.

Come on Denon DJ start looking at ur prime software forums and work what the hell is going on.

1 Like

I have it installed on a Dell XPs 13 without much of a fuss. Windows 10.

Installed on the dedicated Macbook pro as well.

First, you can start by not placing and running the installer from the “desktop” area. Try to install the program from another partition and make sure that your login account has administrator privileges. Also ensure that Windows Install Service is running. Finally, run the System File Checker tool. During setup ensure the installation target folder resides in Program Files folder and not somewhere else.

2 Likes

Never save to my desktop so it ain’t that and I’ve ran it many times as admin also no joy. Few of my friends tried to install and also came back same error. I’ll check the windows install service when I’m home.

@mufasa saying it’s installed fine isn’t a answer on this to fix it is it. Info on how to fix is better then well it works on mine.

Hello. I was just indicating that it installs on a PC I have.

Could be something on your PC dunno.

I’m sure the windows gurus here will chime in to help u troubleshoot.

I know nothing about windows OS I’m primarily a Mac user.

I didn’t do anything special to install it on the Windows PC.

Did u try older versions btw?

There is no point in trying a previous Engine version until troubleshooting is performed with the version he wants to install. As long as others installed and run the software on PC, he can do it also. It requires a little patience and attention to what he is doing. Eventually one thing will lead to another.

1 Like

Cheers for the info.

Started windows install store service and yes it worked and installed. Your a star!

Now ive gotta move all my music from 1 drive to the other cos it uses FAT32 lol only 5hrs to go hahaha

I’m glad I could help!

1 Like

I’ve had engine prime working on my windows 10 now when I click on it, it opens on the tool bar but not the main screen. Tried re loading software but now joy any advice please

@Marko123 - When you put your mouse on the program in the task bar you should have the preview. Right click on the preview and select “Move”. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to relocate to a part of the screen you can see. Press the “Enter” key on your keyboard when it is moved.

Top one cheers fella

how do you change preview settings

I’m glad I was able to help you!

Hey Guys,

Sorry to hear of the troubles!

We always fully regress our software on every supported OS across numerous hardware configurations prior to releasing a new version. If the application refuses to install, there’s likely something in your environment or configuration setting blocking the installation. If that is the case we’re happy to help identify what the hang up could be.

Let me know if anyone on this thread is still having issues with installing. Please provide Windows version and the error message you receive.

Thanks!

Jason

Hi @Marko123,

You can turn the tool tips off by clicking the green information icon in the top right corner of the application.

Right Click on installer > Run as Administrator

Back to square 1 now and the software wont update to latest version just keep getting a unexpected error and even doing the same as before its not working.

Error 0xfffffff7 unexpected error. Ive included the log file as i cant make any sense why its suddenly not working.

Engine_Prime_20190613004908.log (55.0 KB)

You sir are a legend iv been un installing all day for this problem was ready to send the things back @Canaris