Our teams have been working hard on the next releases of Engine PRIME and Engine OS which include some truly outstanding features and new abilities. A few of these features have been requested by our community so we wanted to give you an early look to get your thoughts and feedback. We hope you enjoy these new additions and look forward to hearing what you think!
Here are the highlights of this Engine OS beta release.
- Added Dropbox Device Support - Walkthrough Video | KB & FAQ
- Added Flexible Beat Grid Support - Walkthrough Video | KB & FAQ
- Added Beatsource LINK Streaming Service - Walkthrough Video
- Added Track Preview (PRIME 4) - Walkthrough Video
- Changed Collection Forward Navigation Behavior. Users can now single tap to advance through nested Crates/Playlists/Folders. This can be reverted to the legacy behavior in Utility - Collection Browse Behavior.
- New Horizontal Layout for Smart Consoles
Important: Please note that this is a beta release which is still undergoing final testing and development before official release. Features and functionality within this release are subject to change before official release. As with any beta, be sure to CREATE A BACKUP of your collection on both your main computer and any media device prior to testing. All feedback should be reported in the Defects & Issues section of this forum category and not on social media channels.
Beta Known Issues
- Changes are not synced back up to the cloud. We plan to expand Dropbox capabilities in the future including bi-directional syncing but this ability will not be part of the initial 1.6 release.
- Login is not retained after power cycle.
- Dropbox folder browsing is not yet implemented. Please use Engine Prime to pack tracks to the dropbox drive.
- Continuous mode playback is not yet implemented for Dropbox.
- Recording is currently not allowed for Dropbox tracks.
Flexible Beat Grids:
- Master does not gets delegated on pausing, scratching or other sync breaking actions.
Other Known Issues:
- Beta v1.6 does not include SC6000 platter touch improvements found in v1.5.3. These improvements will be included in the final release of v1.6.
This version is a USB/SD card update only. If you are not familiar with this process please see this video.
DO NOT POST BUGS IN THIS THREAD. POST BUGS IN THE DEFECTS & ISSUES SECTION.